Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mod DB
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 258 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Searspoint Track + vmod + update packaging Test Release

Jan 2012
    I followed the progress at RD and was looking forward to it. Thank you very much.
    I know very well how many time and heart can went in such a Track.
    Last edited by Quertreiber; 02-17-12 at 10:31 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    DL and Installation was going fine.
    mod selection ingame worked.
    practice session with 15 AI without problems
    race session with 15 AI without problems

tried to run a dedicated server, but got this answer: "Invalid Mod ID. Server cannot be setup for development"
    Server is running, but did not appear in matchmaker list

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    @mianiak: Great rendition of a not-so-great (IMO) track. Very realistic (compared w. TV images...if a little overly vivid; more Phoenix AZ than Northern California), very immersive (I love the sounds bouncing off the walls...wish ISI had done that @ Monaco). The surface could do with some more bumps and thumps. Thus far only one issue: the basic mod installs fine (from the "Manage Mods" menu), but the 1.1 update (also deposited in "Packages") doesn't show up, so I assume isn't installed.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    the basic mod installs fine (from the "Manage Mods" menu), but the 1.1 update (also deposited in "Packages") doesn't show up, so I assume isn't installed.
    Rightklick the basic mod and select "Update".

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosch View Post
    Rightklick the basic mod and select "Update".
    Ah, thank you. Worked like a charm.

Knowledgeable member
    I made an update that should fix the dedi server problem. + I updated some environment sounds and some flickering fixes to the trackside cams.

I have only tested this update on my machine and it works for me. I have not had anyone else test it yet. But I think it should all be ok

Megane_at_SearspointRW_v12.rfmod
    Please forigve my bad tpygin, Porblem Exsits Between Keybaord and Chair,,,, G25...

Newer Member
    Jan 2012

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @feels3 rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    @mianiak

I noticed that some of kerbs are not assigned to tdf.
    It's easy to feel that because there is no grip at all ;-)

Registered
    Jan 2012
    WOW ! amazing stuff ! You compete the Iracing's Sears point track . very accurate !
    Yeah the kerbs don't have grip i feel that too @feels3

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: F1RUK 

This is the simraceway track?

Registered
    Jan 2012
    just a question in this case. I download the main version and then I need to install the 2 updates or only the last one?

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Hi.
    Thanks for sharing, I've been lookig forward to this track since first seeing some w.i.p.'s at RD forums.
    The screenshots you posted here don't really do the track justice
    After spinning off the track I noticed a lot of tso's like tirewalls have no collision. Dunno if that's by design or if I managed to mess up my install.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TiTaN View Post
    just a question in this case. I download the main version and then I need to install the 2 updates or only the last one?
    I put all 3 in the packages folder, installed main version hit update and it installed 1.1, hit update again and it installed 1.2.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Looking good, updating worked fine.
    biggest problem I see at the moment, is the ability to drive "thru" some of the tire stacks along the track.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    I put all 3 in the packages folder, installed main version hit update and it installed 1.1, hit update again and it installed 1.2.
    yes I did that too because I was not sure. but the question is, imagine there's 12 updates. is it necessary to do that?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race Modding Group: ~bTp~ 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    sweet Mianiak...

Knowledgeable member
    Let me take a moment to answer some questions, sorry for not getting to them earlier but it was all a bit hectic with the rf2 update release and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
    thank a lot mianiak!

1 request (if is it possible): when all layouts will be completed, can you release an optional download link with track+all layout (no modID associated)?

i plan to release a future "F1 Historic + all tracks" vMod, so an optional clean version of Sears Point (all layout) will be very usefull.

tk, bye!
    Sure I can do that, but It wont be for a while yet, not until after the beta at least and probably then some.

Quote Originally Posted by thuGG View Post
    Hmm, looks medicore at most

EDIT:
    Opionion based on attached screens.
    This is quite an early build of this track, a lot has been done since it was packaged. This is not really about this track, its about testing the packaging system, I have been struggling with trying to get the updates to work and when I finally got them working it was with this track, so it just seemed right to expand the testing and make it public, which paid off because of the dedi server issue that was found. Now we get to test if people are able to find the update when they go to join a server online and realise they don't have the right version.

Quote Originally Posted by feels3 View Post
    @mianiak

I noticed that some of kerbs are not assigned to tdf.
    It's easy to feel that because there is no grip at all ;-)
    Thanks for pointing that out, gives me another opportunity to make another upodate . We will really be putting the system to the test now.

Quote Originally Posted by michael1 View Post
    This is the simraceway track?
    NO. This is scratch built and it's taken me over a year to build, its the first track I have made solely in 3dmax and its purpose was a learning experience, every thing in this track apart from a few textures has been built by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    Hi.
    Thanks for sharing, I've been lookig forward to this track since first seeing some w.i.p.'s at RD forums.
    The screenshots you posted here don't really do the track justice
    After spinning off the track I noticed a lot of tso's like tirewalls have no collision. Dunno if that's by design or if I managed to mess up my install.
    That's something I havent got around to yet, it's an easy fix and I can include it in with the fix for the grip on the curbs. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TiTaN View Post
    yes I did that too because I was not sure. but the question is, imagine there's 12 updates. is it necessary to do that?
    That all depends, you can make 2 kinds of updates, an 'update from (previous version)' or a 'complete update'. If it's an 'update from' then it is incremental and potentially can be 12 or so updates, but if its a complete update it is stand alone. How to tell the difference might be a problem though.
    I don't think its possible to make both (like we used to do with rf1) where we would make an incremental update as well as a full update. So this might be a good thing to bring up.

@everyone else, thanks for the kind words and thanks for helping me out with testing the packaging system.
    Please forigve my bad tpygin, Porblem Exsits Between Keybaord and Chair,,,, G25...

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Thank you top job

Knowledgeable member
    I have noticed some people have re-hosted this, I think thats a bad idea because as I am making updates to stress test the packaging system, those rehosts will be missing out on these updates.

So anyone who has rehosted this, please give me your contact details so I can inform you when there is an update.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    First of all I couldn't find track in mod manager neither in component manager but I've installed it via
    single player ==> Series and track was there. No trouble for track installation and 1.1 & 1.2 patch via update button
    Thank you.
    -=Mydri@z=-

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast