Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 959 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 6 months wait for update - refund

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    isi promised first update after one month.. So one month came to its end but we have no still any updates.. I think it's strange. It's beta and has ton of bugs. Thus I suppose rf2 need to impove oneself every month or even every week

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DriverN1 View Post
    isi promised first update after one month..
    No, they didn't. They said they were aiming for roughly monthly updates, but at no point did they claim a strict schedule or anything of the sorts.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Apr 2011
    isi promised first update after one month.. So one month came to its end but we have no still any updates.. I think it's strange. It's beta and has ton of bugs. Thus I suppose rf2 need to impove oneself every month or even every week
    Complain when we get to two months, then you'll have a case. There has been no strict schedule and ISI've even gone to pains to mention that this process might be longer or shorter than they thought.

Protip: Gratuitously misusing 'oneself' does not making one's argument more valid.

Registered
    Oct 2010

show me where they said "Promise" please, not disbelieving you I'd just like to see it

PC Specification 

There was no promise. lol. They were "shooting" for monthly updates. No promises were made.

rF2 beta is cleaning up my hard drive. Gtr2, GTL and rF1 have now disappeared.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    isi promised first update after one month..
    No sir, they never promised.
    Ferraris weep a little when you downshift

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    There was no promise. lol. They were "shooting" for monthly updates. No promises were made.

rF2 beta is cleaning up my hard drive. Gtr2, GTL and rF1 have now disappeared.
    I know hey...it is sooooo hard to go back.....I even went and signed up to iRacing for a quick look....spent the first month doing what was needed...learning the system, to to convince myself to like it.

Than I fired up rF2 again.....yep...removed iRacing as well

rF1 and rF2 are now on there....HOWEVER...trick the newcomers...play rf1 FIRST in your gaming session...otherwise when you go back from rF2 .....you kind of regret it

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Oh and yes....

NO PROMISE WAS MADE...exactly as mentioned...AIMING for monthly updates....

Registered
    Oct 2011
    If it's one month or 2 or 3, it's not a problem, I think what people wants is a bit more of communication from ISI, about what are they working on, what is already fixed for the next update, what won't be finished....

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    [QUOTE=I think what people wants is a bit more of communication from ISI, about what are they working on, what is already fixed for the next update, what won't be finished....[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Yeh thats fine, but they have already stated they wont be providing that. Which is totally up to them. I for one would love some on areas that concern me, BUT once they posted that, well there is no point in bringing up another 10 threads on the same subject.

I think that is the annoying part. Its been stated what is happening, you can either agree or disagree with the stance taken, but accept that as how it is happening and stop creating thread after thread regarding it.

I reckon that should be pretty simple for people to grasp.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile 

I can see how the OP has posted a controversial post.

Having said that, I think all the aggressive responses are far more over-the-top than the OP. It is amusing to spend most of my time lurking here, and reading the responses of the resident "aggros" - (the i-know-better-so-why-dont-you-f$%#-off-MY-forum crowd). You know who you are (or you dont - whatever).

Anyhow - I do feel a certain sympathy for what the OP said - anyone would think that ISI would have had the foresight to have an update planned for after when the open-beta(alpha) was released. Clearly, they didn't.

As it stands now, it has been almost 6 weeks since the release - and all ISI related content is still identical to that day. This is where I can sympathise - somewhat - with the OP.

Personally, I can deal with that - but not having even any news on potential future updates, is the bit where I feel myself slightly annoyed - and where the OP is excused for his 6 month reference. I note ISI members have responded - even in this thread - and only asked "why the 6 month reference?". Because you haven't told us anything - that's why. Even after giving you a substantial boost in funding. Some news (read: hope) would be nice - and frankly - is just plain good manners.

EDIT: I have said it before on Rfactor2 threads, and I will say it again: usually, everything is forgotten after the make-up sex (i.e. getting out on track in an improved rfactor 2 environ).
    Last edited by Nand Gate; 02-17-12 at 02:21 AM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Nand Gate - The problem is not users asking when updates will come: it's when certain users repeatedly have a moan about rF2's lack of updates thus far. It's compounded when they spread fairy-tale misconceptions as fact. Six month wait for an update... where'd he get that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Nand Gate
    Because you haven't told us anything - that's why
    Seek and you will find.

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nand Gate View Post
    Personally, I can deal with that - but not having even any news on potential future updates, is the bit where I feel myself slightly annoyed.
    Same here. After already paying the game with much anticipation before the final release, the minimum thing you can expect from the developers is a bit more of attention (obviously not to the trolls), and since people is here trying to help, finding bugs, giving ideas, opinons, how to improve, etc, it's annoying to don't even know what are they really doing, or what it's already fixed, and such things.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Tim should be here in a minute...let┤s just wait for his answers

Newer Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Same here. After already paying the game with much anticipation before the final release, the minimum thing you can expect from the developers is a bit more of attention (obviously not to the trolls), and since people is here trying to help, finding bugs, giving ideas, opinons, how to improve, etc, it's annoying to don't even know what are they really doing, or what it's already fixed, and such things.
    First of all, sorry for my English, but it's not my native language.
    I totally agree with Domi.

I'm a devoted customer since 22/08/2005 when I bought Rfactor.
    I still have the e-mail of thanks received by Gjon ..

I think an open policy of constant communication about the "road map" timing would be welcomed and would be a sign of attention to customers who bought the beta.

Too many times by reading the Tim's statements (that are often very general, and also sometimes too harsh in tone used) i'have the uncomfortable feeling of being little considered as customer
    and as forum beta user..

A little more attention and care in explaining the things they are doing (priority, even gross estimates about the release of new releases, etc.) would be really appreciated, imho.
    Cheers
    Giorgio

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    What Jeremy said. You won't have to wait six months. So you're happy, right?
    Let's make it clear. Does it mean that timespan will be shorter than 6 months, or may be even longer?

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Let's make it clear. Does it mean that timespan will be shorter than 6 months, or may be even longer?
    You've been around long enough to know the answer. BOTH!! lol. You've been around long enough to know that ISI has a small dev team. If you want big teams go to iracing or EA.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @apocalypse_dan Where I race Modding Group: YutaniDesign 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MS7XWDC View Post
    personally, i love that i get a head start on learning how to mod and tweak things to my liking early
    Same here he should of waited for the real release I am sure they are working on it and not sat on a beach with your money

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    You've been around long enough to know the answer. BOTH!! lol. You've been around long enough to know that ISI has a small dev team. If you want big teams go to iracing or EA.
    Size of the team is irrelevant in that case, mate.
    But thanx for the first answer. I felt that. But as ussualy Tim's answer is not clear enough and may be overinterpreted.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast