Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 894 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: track_cube.dds

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010

track_cube.dds

copied the isi track_cube.dds into my maps folder but im getting an illegal tex map size error when trying to export. It is the 1536 x 256 original file. What am I missing here?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes Modding Group: virtua_lm 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Did you accidently re-save the cube map as a 2d texture instead of cube map?

I'm still using the identical ISI cube map from rF1 days and neither the sim nor the plugins complain.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I think there's a checkbox in the gtex to tell it that its a cubemap. Sorry, I don't have a computer in front of me so I can't check it out myself atm.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes Modding Group: virtua_lm 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    There isn't one as far as I can see. If you set the shader to one which includes a cube map stage, it's set automatically.
    Doug, perhaps you accidentally tried to assign a cube map to a regular texture stage (for which 1536 would be an illegal size)?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    so for stage 7 of the realroad material, what texture are you using? I just assumed it was that since its the only cube map I saw in the mod files.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by iDTDoug View Post
    so for stage 7 of the realroad material, what texture are you using? I just assumed it was that since its the only cube map I saw in the mod files.
    You can use any texture for stage 7. It gets replaced with the REFLECTEDENV. Just make sure to check "live mapper".

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    ah, that explains it then, thanks.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ethone View Post
    There isn't one as far as I can see. If you set the shader to one which includes a cube map stage, it's set automatically.
    Doug, perhaps you accidentally tried to assign a cube map to a regular texture stage (for which 1536 would be an illegal size)?
    Yeah, I guess that was just what I was thinking of. Like I said, I didn't have 3dsmax in front of me to double-check. Sorry for the misinformation.