Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 615 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watkins Glen 0.2

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile Modding Group: F1C 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Is the track being worked on? Does anyone know?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Is the track being worked on? Does anyone know?
    sure but im very busy at the moment in my job...

new status coming soon

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile Modding Group: F1C 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    That is good news - I had another drive today with build 85 - in the 60's F3. The track surface gave my wheel a work out (T500RS) and the concrete sections got me airborne a few times. It actually looks and feels like a half built track would with only the base surface laid - the top bitumin is yet to go down - well that is what it reminds me of. The sand traps are basically ice, and the trees need replacing too. The foundations for this track are good - 3 layouts are correct, 1 more is needed - the short track without the chicane.

I am sure you are fully aware of the issues, so I just want to give some positive encouragement, If you need someone to test updates before release - please feel free to contact me either here or at F1Classic.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by superkolos View Post
    sure but im very busy at the moment in my job...

new status coming soon
    this to be fantastic news, especially because watkins glen, as one of the most beautiful tracks.

Babs

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Good news indeed. Corner 6 (the chute) will rattle your teeth out. Still can't resist it though.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    hey thanks guys this track already is fun and interesting to hoon around on - don't even crack a wrinkled brow over the miserable and ungrateful sods who have nothing positive to say except dribble shihte and complain.

Keep it up as there are many more "silent majority" I feel who greatly admire your handiwork and sharing your creative talents.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    the 1st layout crashes Rf for me but the other 2 work ok?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @UKMagus LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MystaMagoo View Post
    the 1st layout crashes Rf for me but the other 2 work ok?
    +1

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Awesome track, love the bumps and rattles But I'm having this issue ; During prac and qualy, no problems, but when I go to race, it's night, with stars and all, but I have no lights on my Spark, so racing is impossible. I've tried tampering with the time, but can't make it work...any advice would be highly appreciated :P

PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    May 2012
    Game crashes with new build on this track, tried it with F ISI and F2. On the occasion it did load up everything was blacked out.

MM

Registered
    Mar 2012
    I will try Micky and get back.
    TT Urban S31 : Seasonic M12 700 : Hydro H90 : 4690@3.5GHz : Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 : G.Skill 8GB F3 1600C8 : Gigabyte GTX670 OC : X-Fi Titanium : 60GB Force3 : 1TB Black : W7HP64

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Have just tested, and yes, GP layout causes Crash to Desktop, while Long version works fine (bumpy, but works )

byyyyyyyyyye

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    May 2012
    I use a motin rig so will give this one a miss untill/if ever the harsh bumps are sorted,

Subtle softer bumps is all that's needed

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MickyMutton View Post
    Game crashes with new build on this track, tried it with F ISI and F2. On the occasion it did load up everything was blacked out.

MM
    Just tried this MM and it loaded up fine, no problems at all. This was with b134 and the 60`s F2`s.

rFactor 2 Validated 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    OMG does this still live? The track was originally built for Nascar Heat some 12-13 years ago! It was converted to ISI format somewhere around when F1-2002 was hot by a team of people in a group I worked with then (RSDG). The boot was added at the same time by Stu Griffiths (Who later built the original Bathurst for rFactor). The textures have been updated several times by a bunch of people from the community and the track have been converted back and forth between ISI based sims.
    All this conversion and the total lack of any advanced shaders in the older sims is probably the main reason it has always looked a bit flat and lifeless. The fact that it is still living (sort of) and being converted over and over again shows how bad people want to race at The Glen.
    Let's hope someone with time and talent finally build The Glen from scratch. I do believe that is actually easier then trying to make this very simple model look and drive proper. The layout is pretty darn close to the real thing so using this as a drawing might not be a bad idea unless one can source more accurate data.

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I have a wierd bug going on my system is Tri fire 5870's i7 920 @ 4.0 12gigs ram take a look at the vid buildings, grand stands, walls distance markers not showing...

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeleTele View Post
    I have a wierd bug going on my system is Tri fire 5870's i7 920 @ 4.0 12gigs ram take a look at the vid buildings, grand stands, walls distance markers not showing...
    your posting in the wrong thread, this is Watkins Glen v0.2 (NASCAR) converted from GTR.
    the track you have is 70Glen v0.8 here by MotorFX
    turn up your in-game, settings, details, circuit details to FULL, should resolve the objects not showing.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Try turning off Super Sample AA in your graphics drivers. That works for the trees on track 'Mountain Forest', maybe it will work here too.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    when I try to load this track rfactor crashes to desktop and says : rfactor has stopped working want to check for solutions :
    anyone else having this problem?
    BK
    i5 3.3 560ti 8 g ram G27 With Acer 23"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast