Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 696 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: new Road shader race line groove.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @mariomorais rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010

Wink new Road shader race line groove.

Hi i'm making tests in new Road shader.

GRAB_022.JPG

I Play with different textures fix channel map scales. All good but i have one question.
    How do I make the skid marks in the braking zone of the track?
    and the dark zone of race trajectory of the circuit?
    I try painting vertex alpha, no results.. I must use the old style? ( put another object with skid marks on top)

thanks and sorry my GooleEnglish..

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Luc Van Camp's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @ISITrackTeam 

If the texture stages are set up properly, all you need is to add a RaceSurface_ prefix to the object name and tagging it as Deform. That will let the engine perform the RealRoad calculations on the object.

Painting vertex alpha and/or colour is not required (and I don't recommend it either, as this may potentially upset RealRoad).

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @mariomorais rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Thanks Luc, but my objects have RaceSurface_ prefix and tag deform.

I know that the system is dynamic. But when it goes to the track the first time the track is clean!. I intend that the circuit has already marks before going there!
    It is not realistic .. have a clear track in these areas.

P.S. The groove texture is in channel 3 right?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes Modding Group: virtua_lm 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Place polygons 1mm above the race surface, give them a texture with skid marks on them, set it up with alpha blending (don't use full opaque but say 80% visible so the skids don't fully overlay the road surface), tag them as decal.
    Haven't tried it myself yet but that should work.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ethone View Post
    Place polygons 1mm above the race surface, give them a texture with skid marks on them, set it up with alpha blending (don't use full opaque but say 80% visible so the skids don't fully overlay the road surface), tag them as decal.
    Haven't tried it myself yet but that should work.
    but this is the same in rf1! a decal texture but improved ..
    Why the new shader has the texture groove for?

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Well, there will be the possibility of loading predefined rubber values at some point during the beta. Right now it needs track activity.
    The old static technique will still work, but personally I don't think I'd enjoy bringing back static rubber.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Morais View Post
    but this is the same in rf1! a decal texture but improved ..
    Why the new shader has the texture groove for?
    For the dynamic rubbering-in component of RealRoad, duh.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    hoo ok luc. is beta right.

if will be possible to load predefined values, how will we define these values​​? numerically?

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9

It would be a lot easier to allow modders to save the current ingame track conditions during a session and output them to a file that can be included in the mod package .

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Or can include in AIW editor? drive a few laps and then save it as a inicial groove.. ! is idea..

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11

Yep, that's the plan basically .

Registered
    Oct 2010
    But the "Estoril" track have inicial groove any clue here the information is store?? AIW?

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13

There really is no initial groove in any of the ISI tracks . It's not a feature we support at the moment, so I assume what you're seeing is the result of the AI cars going out immediately.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    ok thanks .. in this case i do something wrong in may track. I do lots of laps in DEv mode and don't see any groove!
    If i change groove to manual I see all the groove on the track but not by zones.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Add some AI, they will create a groove even when you're in private practice.
    If it still doesn't appear: Is your material named RealRoad_something and are the road surfaces in objects that are named RaceSurface_something?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    my surface objects are "RaceSurface_xxx.gmt" not RealRoad!. it says the ISI PDF .

Instance=RaceSurface_s11
    {
    MeshFile=RaceSurface_s11.gmt Deformable=True CollTarget=True HATTarget=True
    }

Registered
    Nov 2011
    That part is fine, you also need to name the materials "RealRoad_A" or similar.

Why the exclamation mark? Should I stop helping?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ethone View Post
    That part is fine, you also need to name the materials "RealRoad_A" or similar.

Why the exclamation mark? Should I stop helping?
    Sorry about " exclamation mark" :-) is for myself.

I don't read to rename material to "RealRoad_xx".
    In TDF file the material prefix is "asph". so my material name is "asphroad".

And of course thanks for helping..

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Sorry, I had a brain freeze. I have no clue what I mixed up there. Forget that bit about the material names.

Are you using the "Road Shader Two Diffuse Maps" shader with the groove and marbles textures assigned to stages 4 and 6?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    OK i see the groove now... i need 8 AI cars and 5 laps to see it :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast