Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 254 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Disable car mirrors but keep virtual mirrors on?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012

Disable car mirrors but keep virtual mirrors on?

Hi, as in the title, is it possible? It should enhance the framerate.

Thanks.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @DevinXXS 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    It would be possible for modders, should be easy I think. But you have to edit mods for this and it doesn't really enhance your framerate

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    What I'm asking for is an option in the menu, like it is in Race07 where if you enable virtual mirrors, the car mirrors are not working. Also, if you enable virtual mirrors means that you are going to watch them instead of the car ones so there is no needs to display latter. I'm also sure there should be an improvement in framerate, as you know mirrors are a framerate killers. This should help everyone which meets only minimum requirements.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I'd like to see a virtual mirror in the historical cars, and agree that it would help performance, and more importantly, situational awareness. On car mirrors have always been a frame rate killer.

Registered
    Sep 2013
    Sorry for bumping such an ancient thread but I'd love to have the ability to disable the incar mirrors as a option. Maybe this could get moved to the wish list forum.

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    If its for performance alone, I don't think it will matter much. there is a thread somewhere about this subject and the dev's or Tim said as soon as you activate a (any) mirror it will start to render the 3D world and influence fps. no matter if you use 1 or 6 mirrors, same effect.

Registered
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Denstjiro View Post
    If its for performance alone, I don't think it will matter much. there is a thread somewhere about this subject and the dev's or Tim said as soon as you activate a (any) mirror it will start to render the 3D world and influence fps. no matter if you use 1 or 6 mirrors, same effect.

ah o.k. Thanks.