Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 994 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: nVidia GTX275 going lowpower 3D

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012

nVidia GTX275 going lowpower 3D

I experience an issue with rF2, that i never had with any other game. After a period of time - 30 to 90 mins probably - my GTX 275 is going from normal 3D power to 3D low settings. Of course this makes driving nearly impossible, for troubleshooting i have to restart my pc.

In the control panel/energy options every thing is turned to full power (no power saving).

It's definitly no temp issue (GPU <70C), i guess it might be rF2 running in windowed mode, which i have done for now. Turned it of, but still have to test it.

GPU runs @stock, no OC there. Driver is the latest Forceware. Actually I updated these lately...

Anyone with similar experiences?

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    hi,
    try the nvidia inspector,its a little tool and use the monitor powersave tool with right click on "show overclocking":
    http://www.geeks3d.com/20110305/nvid...5-5-available/

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Can you check your Windows Eventlog - System for "Source Display", Event-ID 4101?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Thanks Tom for the link, didn't know the tool yet! At least this gives me the possibility to change the the power mode manually.

@Tosch: Yes, there is an eventlog ID 4101 (actually a few), how is this going to help? It says that the display driver nvlddmkm didn't react anymore (in german ). ... wow, there is a hell of a lot events saved! :0

Registered
    Oct 2010
    That means you grafics driver crashed. I've the same error with my GTX275 from time to time. After the crash the driver recovers with 3d low settings (GPU @ 400Mhz) and stays there until you reboot. It's not an rFactor specific problem. I have the same error with other games too, like ARMA2.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Wow, that was fast! Really, this happens to you as welll, and in other games too? Haven't noticed it in other games, neither in ARMA2. And i guess you cannot not notice it!

I have switched to normal fullscreen mode (no windowed) for now and am going to test. If i still have the error i'll just change the 3d-low clocks to the same as the normal ones, this just has to work.

Might also be installing the latest beta-forceware for a try.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I have the latest Beta (290.53) installed. Doesn't help. Possible solution is to lower the GPU clockspeeds but i never tried it by myself.