Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 622 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Remove rFmod Petition

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    DeM: Tell us how you really feel mate... just remember without them we don't have a product either.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I have a suggestion - an option to generate ModID automatically from dedicated server.

When I setup my dedicated server, I provide information necessary for ModID like racing series and tracks - it shouldn't be difficult to add such option.
    This does not affect any ideas behind ModID - it only makes it's preparation more lightweight.

Combined with automatic downloading of ModID by rFactor2 (if components are installed) this should make the "burden" of ModID barely noticeable for both users and admins.
    Last edited by K Szczech; 01-26-12 at 07:57 AM.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Would this ID be generated for whole content installed on the server or just for runinng one?
    I hope you ment second option. For example if dedic is running with a racing serie and 3 tracks rolling, the ID would be generated only for those 4 components.

However... Why to generate such kind of ModID? Comparing 4 Ids (component IDs) instead of one will not overload the server I'm sure. However it is just about technical resolution. So from user/admin point of view - doesn't matter

PC Specification Facebook profile @tomasbeha Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Have been trying to preach the same solution, nothing so far...

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Hey guy's I do remember Tim saying he closes thread at 15 pages so I'm guessing this one will be shut down soon.

But really I think we've come to a point were we've pretty much covered all we can in a constructive way. Things are starting to repeat itself now.

All we really can do now is give the ISI team time to review what's been said, suggested and try to see if something can be implemented that's more suited to all of us + themselves.

Maybe we should look at Graphic for awhile to give Shum64 some support like he has here. Trouble with trying to test things it's a bit like this topic, It's not fully implemented so it makes it hard to know what is going to be the final end result. So what should we give feedback on? Anyway we can still do with a change of subject for a while.
    Last edited by D.Painter; 01-26-12 at 08:14 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Would this ID be generated for whole content installed on the server or just for runinng one?
    I hope you ment second option.
    Of course I meant the second one - that's the idea behind ModID anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Painter View Post
    But really I think we've come to a point were we've pretty much covered all we can in a constructive way.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Painter View Post
    So what should we give feedback on?
    I believe people are allready producing more feedback that ISI is capable of processing

Personally, I'll focus on graphics, because I have actual experience in that area.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nand Gate View Post
    Lols @ angry trolls making demands during pre-release BETA (this is actually Alpha). Keep your troll-pants on and save your energy - you still have 6 months more whinging ahead of you.
    If there's something that I learned from years on Internet, this post describes it exactly: the biggest TROLL stuff that could exist is the people who just post to blame others to be a troll.

There’s nothing more unproductive and dispensable to any discussion.

If you don’t have anything to say, just call someone as a “troll” or “whiny” or whatever… just be a toady.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: F1RUK 

There is nothing wrong with rF2 format -1

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Arguments?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by michael1 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with rF2 format -1
    Elaborate.

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #311
    Gjon Camaj's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated 

I have not implied that we want to prevent the way leagues administer their races. I am aware of the need to quickly put tracks and cars together and how the current implementation of the package system makes this very difficult. This is something that will be worked on at some later point.

We are building this system in stages and setting the foundation so we can more easily add robust features in the future. We are finding bugs, trying to smooth out the process and soliciting reactions along the way. I expect people to be passionate about the parts that are most important to them, but I am extremely surprised at some of the rudeness.

I'll temper my attempt at humor, doesn't seem to translate well.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Would it be possible for ISI to release some content the way they are envisioning the community doing things, that would give everyone a glimpse at how they see this idea working.

Just an idea, and no I'm not fishing for us to get content before they were already planning on releasing it. I just see that as the most obvious way to give us insight into how this will work.

Jason

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Isi, please, split tracks from other contents!
    +1
    Last edited by x_stefano20; 01-26-12 at 02:52 PM.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jun 2011

+1

Jan 2012
    Isi, please, split tracks from other contests!

Registered
    Dec 2011
    ISI please, split tracks from other contents!

+1

Jan 2012

+1

Jan 2012

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by kart38 View Post
    Would it be possible for ISI to release some content the way they are envisioning the community doing things, that would give everyone a glimpse at how they see this idea working.

Just an idea, and no I'm not fishing for us to get content before they were already planning on releasing it. I just see that as the most obvious way to give us insight into how this will work.

Jason
    There is no point in doing that. The way people have been releasing stuff already is exactly what your asking for.
    Please forigve my bad tpygin, Porblem Exsits Between Keybaord and Chair,,,, G25...

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gjon Camaj View Post
    I'll temper my attempt at humor, doesn't seem to translate well.
    Yeah, some people take things way too seriously at times. I guess I could dedicate mu current avatar to them

Quote Originally Posted by Gjon Camaj View Post
    I expect people to be passionate about the parts that are most important to them, but I am extremely surprised at some of the rudeness.
    I'm not. I've been a league admin long enough to be surprized anymore Best we can do in such situations is to ignore all the chatter and go on with our usual business - helps to preserve mental health

Just reminded me of one of my favourite quites, so I've put it in my signature.