Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1049 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A Belgian country drive - rFactor 2 WIP video

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #61
    Scott Juliano's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Smiles View Post
    A real eye opener for someone brought up on the GPL Spa - it looks much more like the road I drove last month though I reckon Eau Rouge is a lot steeper - but I think the mirage effect is way over the top and I smell BS - it is an artifact really It reminds me of the gormless blurring in NFS, or further back, the bizarre trails behind the golf ball in Links.

And did everybody who lived around the circuit really park their cars alongside the track like that? I guess I should go and check some videos...
    Thank you, but it's not BS--the mirage is tied into the road shader's reflection elements. It is over the top becuase it's not tied to any controlling elements yet, such as temperature, sun angle, etc--right now it's just turned on full. And yes, at race time they parked just about anywhere there was a place to park... Crazy...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven Smiles View Post
    I think the mirage effect is way over the top
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Juliano View Post
    It is over the top becuase it's not tied to any controlling elements yet, such as temperature, sun angle, etc--right now it's just turned on full.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #63

That looks SO fake

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Looks fanastic guys, thank you for sharing your WIP's and having thick skins to put up with some of the BS comments. Top work... can't wait to see it in all it's glory.

If you live in Australia and hit the roads in summer you have no problem understanding the mirage effect LOL

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    OK, you win!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AUS-mONKEy View Post
    Looks fanastic guys, thank you for sharing your WIP's and having thick skins to put up with some of the BS comments. Top work... can't wait to see it in all it's glory.

If you live in Australia and hit the roads in summer you have no problem understanding the mirage effect LOL
    Haha!! Too Wright Bro

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #67
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

That looks SO fake
    hahaha! It really does!

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    ohh this looks great!!! every time ISI release a video I have an orgasm,
    please more videos!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I suggest to find a girlfriend

To be on-topic: I would like to see better shaders on objects rather than haze effect. Even if interesting, correct shading are more important for how real will scene look.
    But as far as I know we have to wait for release more than just a couple of months, so maybe in final version we will get everything we want.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #70

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Many effects are either not seen at all in the vid, not working right or not yet finished. Shadows are to be tinkered with yet.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @NoLimit_GER Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I'm pretty impressed by the foliage. Lots of nice looking trees and bushes.
    And I like the way the camera shakes from the bumpy surface. Looks promising, please release more!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    There doesn't look to be that much difference, not sure why, I might have rendered the video with in correct settings. I'll check next time.
    Even with 720p the video quality is bad. When the video is paused it looks weird somehow as if there are blurred silhouttes for all the edges. Are you sure the video was captured at 29,97 fps? There are lots of tutorials on the internet how to get the maximum quality for youtube videos... I do like all the updates on the rf2 development but sometimes the presentation looks quite unprofessional.

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #73

Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    correct shading are more important for how real will scene look.
    This is where we disagree. Although your point IS valid, I believe the overall realism of the scene is more important than any one particular element considering that 90% of the time you are racing by things at over 150 mph. So, in my mind, if I have to sacrifice one particular element so that the entire view will look better then I'll do it.

Now, that said, we are still doing a lot of tweaking, so it may be that what you feel may be lacking in an object's shading may be addressed just by that. I
    can also tell you that our preliminary tests with HDR look quite stunning--it's hard to believe the difference it makes really...

Knowledgeable member
    I can also tell you that our preliminary tests with HDR look quite stunning--it's hard to believe the difference it makes really...
    Can you tell us something about the performance with HDR turned on and off? Is there a big difference on the framerates?
    Last edited by Spacekid; 11-05-10 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typo
    "rFactor - Simulation for the Soul!"

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #75

Quote Originally Posted by Spacekid View Post
    Can you tell us something about the performance with HDR turned on and off? Is there a big difference on the framerates?
    As with any post effect there is a FPS cost, but so far it seems reasonable...

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I can also tell you that our preliminary tests with HDR look quite stunning--it's hard to believe the difference it makes really...
    uh, that hurts. Maybe u can discribe it a little more instead of showing pictures.

Knowledgeable member
    As with an post effect there is a FPS cost, but so far it seems reasonable...
    Thx a lot Scott.
    "rFactor - Simulation for the Soul!"

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @6e66o Photo/Screenshot sharing profile Where I race Modding Group 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Thats what i call a teaser

Cant wait to see that!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Have you guys worked out the recommended spec's for rf2 yet? I mean a 4890 1gig has to be enough to run it full right? RIGHT! (not ready for upgrade nooooo)

20.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #80

Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    Have you guys worked out the recommended spec's for rf2 yet? I mean a 4890 1gig has to be enough to run it full right? RIGHT! (not ready for upgrade nooooo)
    Not yet.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast