NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 139 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: IVA when the ship is accelerating.

Newer Member
    Feb 2017

IVA when the ship is accelerating.

The pilot is strapped in good, but I get the impression that the multiplayer aspect is going to have crew that move about in the ship. Wouldn't this require some rails/harness stuff to avoid bumping all over the place when ship is thrusting?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Michael Juliano's Avatar DCI Staff

PC Specification 

Yes, there's going to need to be some coordination during acceleration activities. One would expect that during a burn everyone will need to be secure (unless of course you're using the burn's acceleration also as a form of "gravity"). We don't have to "worry" about this sort of thing until acceleration forces are actually applied to the zero-g character controller, which they currently are not...

PC Specification Facebook profile @draeath YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel 

Registered
    Jun 2015
    I was thinking about this the other day. The ship doesn't seem rigged up to allow someone to reach the controls while under forward thrust.

It would be interesting to have some override panels accessible when one is pinned up against the forward or aft bulkheads in each section - not much, but enough that you can cut acceleration perhaps?
    Volunteer Rogue System Wiki Moderator
    Come visit the Rogue System Discord Server!

Registered
    May 2016
    I once mentioned in another topic that the crew habitat looked like it was shaped wrong for a realistic game. A ship should be built like a Skycrapper not like a boat.

Obligatory link, because I can.
    http://www.projectrho.com/public_htm...esign.php#down

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Michael Juliano's Avatar DCI Staff

PC Specification 

Yeah--sadly a good chunk of the Fox interior will have to be redone later. I designed it when I thought I might be limited to a typical, gravity-based character controller. The upcoming two ship interiors are far more zero-g/acceleration-based designed...

Registered
    May 2016
    good to know, you had to do what you had to do.

Newer Member
    Feb 2016
    Yeah, there's a lot of hacking stuff around needed to let it function under acceleration. This setup would work for moving around easily while under forward thrust:

http://i.imgur.com/zv5Otlq.jpg

The view is looking into the back of the ship through where the large lighting panel is at the moment.