NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 86 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Steam Version wont start

Feb 2017

Steam Version wont start

I'm getting the below error every time I start.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program: ...)\Steam\steamapps\common\RogueSystem\RogueSyste mSim.exe
    This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the applications support team for more information."

I have tried manually installing OpenGL using the package that came with the install and am running the game as an admin without success.
    PC is older Dell XPS with and ATI Radeon Vid card. Running windows 10 64 bit with 4 gigs memory so I think that I'm meeting system requirements.
    I attempted to find the log files to post but so have they don't seem to be generating after the error, at least not that I could find.

Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Sep 2015
    Are the video drivers up to date? The game's engine require recent drivers to run properly.
    Don't know if this is your case, but some laptops have two gpus (one for basic usage and one dedicated to gaming) some people with this kind of device reported that they need to check if the game is realy using the "game GPU" to run the game.

Edit: Can you post your grafic card model? I'm asking this because the game needs at least one that can handle shader model 3.0
    Last edited by Psypher; 02-14-17 at 07:34 AM.
    I apologize in advance for any grammatical error or misuse of words, unfortunately my english is not good, but I've been working to improve it. Thank you all.

Registered
    Oct 2015
    Also, some people had to completely uninstall their GPU drivers and install the latest version afterwards. Apparently sometimes the update doesn't get rid of all the old DLLs.

And some people had to run the game as admin.

Feb 2017
    I think my issue is that the card I'm using is 6+ years old. The latest driver is dated 2013 but Windows has a version dated 2015 but nether one is working correctly. On top of this AMD has sunset this card so there isn't a 64 bit supported drivers. I've been toying with getting a whole new GPU or PC I guess now I have my justification! thanks for the assist on this folks!

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Michael Juliano's Avatar DCI Staff

PC Specification 

SOrry--somehow I missed this. If the card is that old it's very possible that it does not support OpenGL 4.0 or greater, as listed on the min requirements. If you are not in a position to update your hardware at this point please be sure to make use of Steam's refund policy before the allowed time/days expires. I'd rather you get a refund now and check back later when you've updated hardware, rather than have something you can't currently use.

Thanks Psypher and rayx for trying to help!

Feb 2017
    All, I ended up purchasing a new GPU and that fixed it the problem. Thanks to all for offering up fixes. I am up and flying now, thanks.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Michael Juliano's Avatar DCI Staff

PC Specification 

Very glad to hear that you're up and running. I'm sure the updated video card will come in handy for more than just RogSys