Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1428 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 WIP Reflections Cockpit Screenshot

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

rFactor 2 WIP Reflections Cockpit Screenshot

The driver here is trying to point out the car body reflections we've been working on.

reflections.jpg

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Looking great chaps, couple of questions:

Presume it does the same for the Moon? If so do we get Full Moon/Half Moon, New Moon etc?

Are these reflections on Drivers car only or All cars on track? i.e. could you see the suns reflection in the rear window of the car infront? (should the sun be behind you obviously!)

Would we get brighter reflections depending on the car body part the Sun reflects off? i.e. not all soft reflections but sharp "Eye-Blinding" reflections like the sun reflecting off a metal part? or would that be too CPU/GPU intensive?

Keep up the good work

EDIT:

Additional question - do drivers Fingers press buttons should you press "Call For Pit" button on your wheel for example?
    Last edited by MarcG; 11-02-10 at 03:56 PM. Reason: another question added!

Knowledgeable member
    That looks awesome.
    "rFactor - Simulation for the Soul!"

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I hope the grass texture is a place holder...

Looks ok in the car cokpit area / field of view.
    Top of left building and sky arent looking great or bad. I'd be curious to know the resolutions of the textures for these two.

Aliasing is present wich i dont understand why

An outside shot would have been more intresting to show reflections but i guess ISI always communicate in a weird way.
    Last edited by shum94; 11-02-10 at 04:06 PM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Modding Group: CTDP 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I don't get it. A picture to show us the realtime reflections?

Also: why do you still use normalmaps to create the bodylines instead of modelling them?

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    thx for showing us the realtime reflections. really hard to see the quality from this perspective but it looks really nice

PC Specification @AaronC31 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    I guess you can do better? Trolls gonna troll I guess.

Anyways, it's looking great so far guys. Thanks for sharing another W.I.P. screenshot w/ us!

Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post

Top of left building and sky arent looking great or bad. I'd be curious to know the resolutions of the textures for these two.

An outside shot would have been more intresting to show reflections but i guess ISI always communicate in a weird way.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by Luka K. View Post
    thx for showing us the realtime reflections. really hard to see the quality from this perspective but it looks really nice
    It's always nice to see where you'll be doing your work as a driver, too.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Carlisle View Post
    Thanks for sharing another W.I.P. screenshot w/ us!
    It's all good. I don't think I'm going to explain what WIP means many more times though, the repetition hurts my typing fingers.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    It's great to finally see those grandstands reflected on the car!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Seems like Formula IS .

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by henri200 View Post
    Seems like Formula IS .
    But the steering wheel reminds me of CTDP McLaren.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    WIP doesnt excuse bad choice of snapshot...

Reflections = show us a car with outside view cam.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Looks impressive! I see moving fingers? Pit limiter, engine map etc..?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post

man, you are really serious??

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Absolutely and seriously stunning work, guys!

@ shum94: you really are, deliberately or not, capable of ruining any man's working mood with that kind of comments. You are further establishing yourself as a caricature through your comments here. Please do learn to read before attempting to write..

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cosm1 View Post
    man, you are really serious??
    I believe he is.
    And I'm not surprised about it. We are counting days to release for about 2 years already. Just check how GT5 pictures/videos looked like a few months ago. So we all waiting for state of the art screenshots and such ones don't full-fill our expectations.

Additionally this screenshot even if looks nice, has some issues making it unreal.

Of course I believe rF2 will be the best one on the market. I'm just trying to explain why someones react in such way. It's just about patience going over.

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18

Unfortunately though the alternative to seeing WIP screens while software is in development is seeing nothing. So I think it's probably pretty important to understand the shots are WIP and/or to understand sometimes there's reasons for a particular angle or car/track. If we were further away from release and were showing you a wireframe or something I get the feeling less people would complain about use of the term WIP and that just seems weird.

An example is that we have a historical track that I made a video of a lap (two laps, actually). In the video there are clearly visible issues with (what I call) popup of detail. This issue isn't fixed yet. But, this track is my favorite historical track, it's a mecca for racing fans and honestly I'm itching to show it off even though it's WIP. So, what do I do? Bearing in mind that this isn't so much marketing as it is communication with customers, of course...

PC Specification Facebook profile @https://twitter.com/PashalisGergis 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Nice 1 guys , keep it up !

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    I get the feeling less people would complain about use of the term WIP and that just seems weird.
    Well, we are people, not robots - logical thinking isn't in our nature - it's a skill that people develop more or less

I don't think I'm going to explain what WIP means many more times though, the repetition hurts my typing fingers.
    Yup. Perhaps it would be best to explain it once - in first post of a separate topic just for WIP material, and allow only ISI staff to post there?
    I mean - what kind of comment can possibly user post under WIP screenshot, anyway? "Thanks for posting" ?

Not knowing which features on screenshots are final, which are temporary, and which are currently disabled / not impemented yet, there is just no way to post any valuable feedback. Just look at the screen and enjoy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast