NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 121 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: (steam) C++ runtime error on startup

Jun 2016

(steam) C++ runtime error on startup

just got the game via steam, after clicking play to start the game up, I immediately receive a notice

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program: ...)\Steam\steamapps\common\RogueSystem\RogueSyste mSim.exe
    This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the applications support team for more information."

Ive tried reinstalling and verifying the game files, but with no success.
    the system im attempting to run rogsys on is windows 7

Any help would be great, thanks.

Registered
    Jun 2015
    Just to be sure : you don't use the integrated gpu in an intel cpu (HD4000 or stuff like that) to run the game? If so, it's not yet compatible, and you'll be unable to run the game

If it's not that, copy and paste the content of RogSys.log that is in your game folder (probably "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rogue System" )

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Michael Juliano's Avatar DCI Staff

PC Specification 

Hi. Sorry you're having trouble.

Only AMD and nVidia graphics cards are supported at this time, and you MUST have the most recent drivers for each. Typically, this type of error is either out-of-date drivers, or you're trying to run on Intel HD graphics (as Tryss noted above).

Otherwise, yes, I'll need the contents of RogSys.LOG (in Steam's Rogue_System) folder; and the contents of RogueSystemSim.log (located in users/"your user name"/appdata/local/RogueSystemSim folder).

Jun 2016
    Ahh
    yes I am operating on an intel graphics card.
    thanks for clearing that up, any idea when the game will be made compatible?

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Michael Juliano's Avatar DCI Staff

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by solomandor View Post
    Ahh
    yes I am operating on an intel graphics card.
    thanks for clearing that up, any idea when the game will be made compatible?
    As soon as possible is the best answer I can give. I want to support Intel HD, but I'm just not sure when I'll be able to get this into the schedule yet.

Jun 2016
    okay thanks.
    looking forward to it