NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 826 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Logitech profiler

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #21
    Terence Groening's Avatar ISI Staff

Note that there's a controller.ini variable called "Start Hardware Event Monitor". You can change it to 0 if you don't want Logitech's profiler to start up. Note that this may disable rF2's ability to set the steering wheel range on the Logitech G25/G27.

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks for info Terence, I am currently using Car Set wheel angle with G25 as it seems to work well.
    So i will leave Profiler opening as it is, can always disable as a test see if it still works as hardware setup in windows has all same settings in any case.

Edit:

Just tried it, as you state it disables the Logitech Profiler from starting but as surmised this prevents the game from changing the wheel rotation in realtime.

Will be fine for those wanting to retain a constant wheel rotation and not use profiler.

I did notice that with the rotation set as Car, I could turn my wheel to the designated 576 degrees for the F1 etc
    but the cars wheels reached full lock at the rotation set in Windows game controller settings which was 360 degrees for test.

I will revert Hardware monitor to enable the profiler so i can continue to use the Car Set rotation.

thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by Del-Dredd; 01-18-12 at 06:08 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    already answered

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    What was answered please tell.

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence Groening View Post
    Note that there's a controller.ini variable called "Start Hardware Event Monitor". You can change it to 0 if you don't want Logitech's profiler to start up. Note that this may disable rF2's ability to set the steering wheel range on the Logitech G25/G27.
    this was.
    Thanks ! I knew i was not crazy..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12