Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 956 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Logitech profiler

Newer Member
    Jan 2012

Logitech profiler

Why when i start rf2, logitech profiler opens?
    I don't use it, but when it opens the FF "changes". It becomes different. Thats why years ago chose to not use it.

With other sims, rf and iracing, it does not open. Yesterday i started rf2, and later, used iracing, and it felt weird. It was the profiler that was open.
    Please take that into account.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I don't ever remember seeing that happen. maybe you have made a profile associated with rf2?
    It may open automaticly if you have done so. Check and make sure you don't have an rf2 profile in it.

I never use it for building profiles. I just use it for global settings.
    I've used versions of it for years, just never had it open as you state.

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    no i dont have any profile at all.
    No profiles, and no setting there. I checked "dont apply profiles to games" or something like that.
    Its weird...

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Here is something that has happened to me before. I've had the windows registry get screwed up by something or other, and it sets an "open with" command associated with an unwanted program. that could be the problem.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by blazko View Post
    Why when i start rf2, logitech profiler opens?
    I don't use it, but when it opens the FF "changes". It becomes different. Thats why years ago chose to not use it.

With other sims, rf and iracing, it does not open. Yesterday i started rf2, and later, used iracing, and it felt weird. It was the profiler that was open.
    Please take that into account.
    Why not just uninstall? I have a G25 and never have used the profiler. Seems like something that would just use up resources for no good reason.

Alan

Registered
    Jan 2012
    There is also another logitech profile program. Google "Wingman Profiler". Last version is from 2009 but it works. I just uninstalled it to try out the official logitech version.

Just dont use it for anything other than setting your global settings for the wheel.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanBernardo View Post
    Why not just uninstall? I have a G25 and never have used the profiler. Seems like something that would just use up resources for no good reason.

Alan
    Hell I can't live without it!! It keeps me from having to change settings each time I want to mess with a different sim. As far as impact on system performance, if there is an impact, I'm not seeing it. Even on my old system(C2D 6850, 8800GT, 2gb, winXP)it was more of a help than a hindrance. I'll give you that your experience might vary, though.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by brabham67 View Post
    Hell I can't live without it!! It keeps me from having to change settings each time I want to mess with a different sim. As far as impact on system performance, if there is an impact, I'm not seeing it. Even on my old system(C2D 6850, 8800GT, 2gb, winXP)it was more of a help than a hindrance. I'll give you that your experience might vary, though.
    The way I see it anything that you have loaded up is going to have some effect on your system. Whether it's always looking for software updates or messing with the registry the very fact of it being there cannot but have a negative impact.

The way you talk about how the profiler keeps popping up with rFactor2 starts doesn't sound like something you can't live without. And since all racing sims are different, I can't see how you can have global settings for all of them, when they would almost demand different settings, something you would tinker with, naturally, within each sim.

But it's your computer and your sims. All I am saying is that if it were me (and it isn't) I would dump the thing. I keep my system stripped bare. I got none of this iTunes or Quick Time crap sitting resident, ready to cause havoc and bother.

Alan

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    but.. when i installed the drivers the thing got installed, if i uninstall it, does the wheel work ?!

I use the same global settings for all. Then in the game, i change to my taste.

My pc is ok, fresh win7 installation, iracing working ok, then rf2 opening the profiler. Still weird.

Thanks.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    The way you talk about how the profiler keeps popping up with rFactor2 starts doesn't sound like something you can't live without. And since all racing sims are different, I can't see how you can have global settings for all of them, when they would almost demand different settings, something you would tinker with, naturally, within each sim.
    He didn't say it keeps popping up. That was the OP.

As for brabham67, I think he means that he makes profiles for each sim so when he loads up that sim, his profiler settings are also loaded. I do the same. Much better than changing the global settings for each sim.

Logitech profiler uses less than 4MB of RAM. Like brabham67 stated, it's more a help than a hindrance. I can't live without it either.

I have many sims, and being able to have specific profiler settings for each sim saved in a unique profile for each specific sim that is loaded automatically each time the sim is launced is very nice.
    Last edited by buddhatree; 01-15-12 at 11:10 PM.
    Ferraris weep a little when you downshift

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhatree View Post
    He didn't say it keeps popping up. That was the OP.

As for brabham67, I think he means that he makes profiles for each sim so when he loads up that sim, his profiler settings are also loaded. I do the same. Much better than changing the global settings for each sim.

Logitech profiler uses less than 4MB of RAM. Like brabham67 stated, it's more a help than a hindrance. I can't live without it either.

I have many sims, and being able to have specific profiler settings for each sim saved in a unique profile for each specific sim that is loaded automatically each time the sim is launced is very nice.
    This.

Ultimately it's down to choice. I have never been to worried about system performance with stuff running in the background. It's never really made enough of a difference performance wise for me. To each their own, though.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    And since all racing sims are different, I can't see how you can have global settings for all of them, when they would almost demand different settings, something you would tinker with, naturally, within each sim.
    Some of the games I play don't work well with the same settings I would use in iRacing, rF2, ect. Arcade types of games, ala Dirt3, F1 2011, need completely different settings to be playable to me. Like I said, it works quite well, no issues, and just saves me from having to remember how I have my wheel setup for each title.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by blazko View Post
    but.. when i installed the drivers the thing got installed, if i uninstall it, does the wheel work ?!

I use the same global settings for all. Then in the game, i change to my taste.

My pc is ok, fresh win7 installation, iracing working ok, then rf2 opening the profiler. Still weird.

Thanks.
    Actually, with my G25 (XP) all I do is plug in the USB. I'm showing a Logitech driver for the device, but I believe it either installed itself automatically or else I installed the driver manually, without the profiler.

Anyhow, you might want to snoop around your controller.ini file to see if there's a line in there that is causing the profiler to pop-up. You might also try stopping the profiler itself, starting rFactor2, and then restarting the profiler after exiting rFactor2. Or else starting the profiler while rFactor2 is still running.

Might I ask, what "global settings" you are "setting for all"?

I mean, here's what settings I can mess with, without fooling with the profiler:

1-15-2012 23-43-13.jpg

Are these the global settings you mess with, or do you have something more?

Alan

Registered
    Dec 2011
    That's exactly the settings you get with profiler. But there's a reason it's called "profiler" lol. So we can store game profiles without messing with the global settings each time.

Some games need less that 900 degrees steering or they need "allow game to adjust settings" to be unchecked or they need a bit of damping or spring.

Storing those in profiles saves a lot of time for only 4MB RAM
    Ferraris weep a little when you downshift

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhatree View Post
    That's exactly the settings you get with profiler. But there's a reason it's called "profiler" lol. So we can store game profiles without messing with the global settings each time.

Some games need less that 900 degrees steering or they need "allow game to adjust settings" to be unchecked or they need a bit of damping or spring.

Storing those in profiles saves a lot of time for only 4MB RAM
    I misunderstood your meaning of global. I thought it meant "across the board" or "applying to all". So this profiler will set different settings for degree of rotation, ect.?

I really only race rFactor, so such different settings to me don't matter.

Thanks,

Alan

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by brabham67 View Post
    This.

Ultimately it's down to choice. I have never been to worried about system performance with stuff running in the background. It's never really made enough of a difference performance wise for me. To each their own, though.
    I would have to say it makes a huge difference. But, like you say, we do what we want to do based on what we think is best.

Alan

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    I noticed it too, first time start RF2 and hear the bing bing sound in background, I knew it would be profiler starting in background as i have another Sim which does the same thing.

My global settings in Profiler and windows are exactly the same, thats why OP probably sees a difference as I bet Windows settings via control panel \ Hardware are different to those in Logi Profiler, I had that issue previously with the other sim.

I only use specific profiler settings for a couple of games and those are arcade type that refuse to recognise wheel buttons, so i have them mapped to keys in the profiler and have more arcade steering rotation etc.

For OP ensure profiler and Windows global settings match that should remove your issue.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Mesa, AZ, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Gallaxy
    The Profiler IS unnecessary just keep it from starting when Windows starts. That is to say keep it out of your System Tray, if it's not in there it is NOT using assets. I have multiple rFactor 1 installations and I use it and keep it in the System tray, but that is by choice so I can have different settings for different installations. I find that convenient.

I use rFactor 2 with my global settings and everything works fine. But I do recommend that you manage the System Tray very strictly. I use MSCONFIG.EXE and the StartUp tab to control what gets loaded when Windows starts. You can Goggle anything in there that you don't know what it is and decide whether or not to keep it there.

Good luck.

Great work on rF2 ISI. I love it !!

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Its not anything to do with the system tray or starting with windows.

My profiler never starts with windows or is in the system tray but RF2 does start it in the background as does another game i have.

At least RF2 shuts it down when it closes (mine does at least).

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
    Its not anything to do with the system tray or starting with windows.

My profiler never starts with windows or is in the system tray but RF2 does start it in the background as does another game i have.

At least RF2 shuts it down when it closes (mine does at least).
    This.
    My global settings match the profiler ones (because the global overrides (they are in sync) with the profiler ).
    But i dont know why, i can feel some difference when its open (in tray). Its like the wheel its more heavy.
    Normally, logitech does not load with win7 start, neither it opnes with a sim. But rfactor opens it.
    This is the "problem".
    I can live with it, i close it doing alt tab, but... why does it open? =)

Im gonna do some reasearch on core ini as it i was said before.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast