Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1071 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Alter Eyepoint

Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Novis View Post
    I don't think it is, it can be usful in some leagues that claim realism or whatever.
    having your own cockpit then a cockpit in game isnt realism mate...its arcade to make desk jockeys feel special

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #22
    Michael Borda's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated 

@osella sorry, I don't have the time to constantly check every post and occasionally miss something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Beam View Post
    i know guys that have always used cockpit view in rFactor that have switched to T-Cam in rF2 because they cant get the view EXACTLY how THEY like...locking cam file is stupid
    I understand what you're saying, but, if they adjust the camera so much that they need to exceed the 52cm forward we currently have in the Megane, then we can't really call it a cockpit-camera anymore, can we?
    I think the camera adjustments are pretty lenient as we have them, and we can allow perhaps a little bit more movement for some of them.
    If you have a problem of people using TVCockpit cam on your server, by all means disallow it.

Our biggest complain in rF1 regarding cameras, was that for a cockpit camera you could set the camera higher, much higher than a tv cockpit if you wanted. I understand many people have their monitors 1 metre in front of their eyes and so we could allow forward movement perhaps even a bit further. I don't know about switching off certain car graphics to allow better feel for those who do have a virtual cockpit, but I'm sure eventually we could work something out in this department too.

Again for those who feel too limited by the cockpit position, remember to check that your seat position adjustment keys are assigned and feel free to move the 'seat' to wherever you feel comfortable, if it's too restrictive, okay, that's what a beta is for. We need this kind of feedback. But constructive criticisms only please, and try as we might, we can't possibly make everyone 100% happy.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    No need to apologize, I realize how many posts there are..

I just don't see any downside from allowing huge seat movement, only positives.. as was already said 2 times in this thread, reason why 2 different people might need very different seat positions is FOV. If you set FOV to 25deg, you'll be looking somewhere from front axle. With 80deg (no idea who'd like that though) you might end up behind rear...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Borda View Post
    Again for those who feel too limited by the cockpit position, remember to check that your seat position adjustment keys are assigned and feel free to move the 'seat' to wherever you feel comfortable, if it's too restrictive, okay, that's what a beta is for.
    The current seat adjustment range (and rF1) is to restrictive to cover a wide range of FOVs.

The last league F1-mod for rF1 I was involved in we run with forced cockpit view and it was impossible to cover FOVs to make all drivers happy. The only solution I found in rF1 was to make upgrades to the cars so you could chose between different seat-positions for low and high FOVs. I wish for a better solution in RF2.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    For current Mods the adjustment seems ok for me. But if i am thinking of comming mods, this can really be an issue.
    All depends from the basic mod settings, and I remember a couple rf1 mods, where i have to edit the cam file to get my seat in front of the steering wheel.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: SimRacingPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    @osella
    NO!
    FOV DOES NOT CHANGE YOUR POSITION! For 25 deg, your virtual ass is EXACTLY at the same place as with 80deg (as long as you won't change seat position). FOV is only about, well, Field Of View. That's all. And Michael is right - having so wide range of seat positions in rF 1 allowed people to set it to like almost T-cam or roof cam.

What I might suggest for ISI devs, is to add option to force limited seat range of settings on and off on server side settings.
    So, for if I as a server admin, want to limit seat range of adjustment, I would set this to on.
    If someone else want to allow rF 1 like range of seat adjustement, he will set that option to off.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    You have never tried it in practice have you.
    Of course it doesn't change actual position but FOV can be thought of as ZOOM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWV0_u0r-Hk

Look at that and tell me if both views feel as the same position.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Because higher FOV makes you view more to both sides, it moves your VIEW further (hope it's clear now), your ass might be on the same position...

Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I think the camera adjustments are pretty lenient as we have them.
    sorry mate i dont understand why it should be up to any modder how lenient they should be for someone elses driving view.

and as a league organiser all ill be doing is repacking mods to allow things like this anyway...just adding to the work load

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridgirl View Post
    For current Mods the adjustment seems ok for me.
    For me its not. All cams are affected by FOV not only the cockpit cam. Trying to run with the TVCOCKPIT cam in the Megane I see more or less only the front of the hood, it's nothing but a nose cam.

Setting positions for cams to be good with one FOV value will look poor with another FOV. Can we have adjustments for all cams that are ment to be driving views?

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Novis View Post
    Can we have adjustments for all cams that are ment to be driving views?
    No problem at all. If it was up to me, we could still change things like textures, sound, cams, etc.

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Shouldent ISI fix proper FOV for every car, so it matches good for one screen and a setting for 3 screens. and so on.

Is all about being simulation and all, Ridiculous fov both ways are just silly =)

/me hides behind a wall!!!

GO TEAM SIMULATION!
    Yours faithfully, Vrooom vroom!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    we can maybe allow the camera to be positioned further back in future builds. And out of curiosity, why do you want to go further back? See mirrors better, see other cars around you better? Just curious
    For me, since rF1 I like headcam most forward and high enough to see mirrors. In rF2 the height limitation could be a little farther...but the game is awsome!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: SimRacingPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by John.Persson View Post
    Shouldent ISI fix proper FOV for every car, so it matches good for one screen and a setting for 3 screens. and so on.

Is all about being simulation and all, Ridiculous fov both ways are just silly =)

/me hides behind a wall!!!

GO TEAM SIMULATION!
    FOV should be matched to your screen size and how far from it you sit. Get that information, might be hard from ISI ;-)
    ZeosPanthera made a great thread about setting proper FOV. You should visit it (search it in rFactor 1 section).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12