Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 345 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: <UpgradeCode> tag in the results file

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Hi Noel, just a quick note, haven't gotten arround to testing this but a quick look showed that this might indeed be the culprit.
    Atm i have little time to test but there's others as well whom are working on this thing. It does give us the issue of changing the mod itself (as aposed to what we do now and offer both original and the tweaked mod) and i'm not sure if we would want to do that.

Anyways, will test this out soon, if anything just to give you the propor feedback ensuring it was not the checker itself.

thx man :-)

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Noel, sorry for the late update man.

I can confirm it is indeed the lack correct of .veh entries that causes these errors.
    Sadly that means we will not be able to use this mod for such upgrades but i thank you for your time and effort trying to help us out. Much appreciated!

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Nov 2012
    Can the Upgrade Checker be used on a Dedicated Server as well? Works fine on the client - but can't get it working on the server !

Thanks in advance

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    You can't take an XML and copy it to another computer and run it through my tool unless you have the mod installed on that machine too. The upgrade code is meaningless to my tool unless it also has access to the upgrades.ini for that mod. The tool parses the config.ini to find the path to your rFm folder... then it reads the rFm for the mod used in the XML file, then it reads all the VEH files for the mod until it finds the one that matches the car your checking and then from there it knows which upgrades.ini to read.

So, it should work on a client or server as long as you have the mod installed and you are running my tool from the root folder of your rF install.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Nov 2012
    Noel,

thanks for your quick response.

What we are trying to achieve is exactly what you are recommending. We would like tzo verify the upgrades used by the driver based on the log file on the server with the rFUpgradesCheck installed on the same server.

We did some further testing and and it seems that the error message "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value mit dem Wert 0 ist für SelectedIndex ungültig" just appears it you try to load a log file containing 0 laps.

Attached you can find a log file which causes the failure.

2013_05_13_00_54_39-10SQ.zip

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    It shouldn't matter if there is a lapcount in the log. I don't even pay any attention to the laps. This log works okay on a client machine though?

To figure out exactly what is going on I will probably need the whole mod.

But first, give this version of my tool a shot. I have made some changes and fixed a few bugs that I haven't officially released. Maybe one of the bugs I fixed will solve your problem.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/buiwhq0djnk...radesCheck.exe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12