NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 827 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Show hint on Mouse-Over?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011

Show hint on Mouse-Over?

Within all the menus, could it be possible to add "Tool-tips" to give a brief description as to what each option is for?

I appreciate this has probably already been covered and will be addressed closer to "gold" status but best to ask.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Great idea.

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Collins View Post
    Great idea.
    Agreed.

What is the little recorder in the upper right corner ?
    When I'm in full screen mode watching replay, how do I remove the list of drivers to the right side ?

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Moore View Post
    Agreed.

What is the little recorder in the upper right corner ?
    When I'm in full screen mode watching replay, how do I remove the list of drivers to the right side ?
    hit enter to remove the menu overlay to watch replay in full screeen and enter again to bring hte overlay back

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I like this idea a lot. It's one feature I miss from NR2003. It made set up much easier and I actually learned how to setup a car.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Yes this would be great, failing that it could be done in UI manipulation I suppose. Its something I was experimenting with rFactor 1 after seeing the great work done by the APEX GT3 Mod (possibly the best mod for rFactor IMO).

http://www.simracingalbanywa.com/fil...SetupGuide.png

Using that style of system as a quick reference overlay will also work

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lespaul20 View Post
    I like this idea a lot. It's one feature I miss from NR2003. It made set up much easier and I actually learned how to setup a car.
    Bingo and + 1 to that.

For example how do i know what the difference is between a 1 brake map and a 2 brake map setting is. A little tool tip above every +/- sign to tell you what effect that will do to the car is a must as not everyone knows what the values mean as the megane uses values that don't mean anything to me. What is a 20R slow bump for example. That means nothing to me from my part of the world.

Please add this if you can, it would be of so much help.