Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 936 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Where are you up to

Newer Member
    Oct 2010

Where are you up to

I am curious about where is this process up to. There is a Beta product, which is available to those who sign up to the full product price - as it is now. That product is an apparently unfinished racing sim, with shortcomings, unfinished bits and some documentation. One has to pay the final(?) product price to play with the unfinished Beta.

Documention as it is deals with graphics and getting a car into the game. Physics is not described.

RF1 had physics which did not produce realistic tyre, and so, car behaviour, for the standard in-game cars. The documentation was so limited that many of us spent several years of spare time reverse engineering the physics to produce something that was arguably close to realistic. That will not be acceptable this time around. This new version may become so focussed on appearance that behaviour becomes unimportant, but if not, rF2 faces important competition.

I was impressed that Ben Collins (Stig, for some of us), in the CARS forum, described the dance that was the actuality of driving a car at speed. RF2 has to deliver that out of the box or it has lost it's way with the physics.

Where are you up to with that?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    what are your intentions with this topic?

Is your topic for real drivers or not? also we can speak of nothing..

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race Modding Group: ~bTp~ 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    EA arguably the largest and most prolific game builder makes people pay for Beta access. Battle Field 3 was pay for Alpha, Beta and Early Access.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Why don't you buy the beta and try, and make your own judgement where tyre model is.
    If you don't like ISI will refund you your money if you ask for it.

RF2 beta does not need stig to drum up its qualities, it is a beta product, there are shortfalls of course, its a beta, but, it is a fantastic beta to that matter, at least in my eyes

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    @ TS, you speak of physics, but have you tried RF2 then?
    If so; you wouldn't be saying this and if not; you shouldn't speak of this at all; just assumptions for tearing down a game is nog nice to say the least.

And paying for a beta; nobody is twisting your arm I believe........

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Modding Group: CTDP 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristow View Post
    I am curious about where is this process up to. There is a Beta product, which is available to those who sign up to the full product price - as it is now. That product is an apparently unfinished racing sim, with shortcomings, unfinished bits and some documentation. One has to pay the final(?) product price to play with the unfinished Beta.
    You paid for the full version and got access to the beta. When the beta ends you'll get the full version as you already paid for it. Like an preorder and you have early access (in form of the beta) to the game. Other companies do this as well in similar forms.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Feb 2012
    The Physics of the Beta rF2 is great(I had played iRacing,GTR2,LFS.....)the FFB absolutely amazing and realistic but the rest(Graphics, menu) is awful!
    Sorry for my poor English!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    For those who don't know Bristow yet, he is not a some new face in ISI games, and most certainly not a troll in this forum. If I'm not mistaken, he's been around since the days of F1 Challenge 1999-2002 (developed by ISI, published by EA Sports). He's one of those physics gurus in rFactor 1 modding realm and currently still active in rF1 modding. He developed the physics for all cars in CSGT's 1970 World Sports Car Championship mod for rFactor.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Don't worry. Anybody who are not using words like "amazing, beautiful, superb" is considered here as a troll

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I can only disagree with you, MaXyM.
    I keep a quite reserved opnion about rF2 and I haven't noticed anyone mistreating me.

As long as we take care for our posts to sound polite and mature, people will respect our opinions.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Maybe because 'you keep a quite reserved opinion'
    I never seen you wrote that something is 'awful' or 'bad'. Try this - naming things directly shouldn''t be considered as bad thing. But on this forum using such words makes you impolite/troll. Check out recent patryksok's posts - he has been even called a troll. That's what I'm talking about.
    But why searching posts... look at beginning of this thread. Do you think Bristow's post is impolite? Why he is called a troll then?
    Last edited by MaXyM; 03-06-12 at 10:25 AM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by taufikp View Post
    He developed the physics for all cars in CSGT's 1970 World Sports Car Championship mod for rFactor.
    It's a excellent mod, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Don't worry. Anybody who are not using words like "amazing, beautiful, superb" is considered here as a troll
    Unfortunately, it doesn't happen only here. The fancy now is to declare as a "troll" everyone who don't speak / write what mainstream likes and considers as a "normal" opinion. Polemic is no longer allowed.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile YouTube Channel Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I signed up for a beta and as such, I'm pateintly waiting and doing my part to help out the process by reporting what I experience. I won't try to make demands nor will I put in anyone's face that I paid for it and deserve anything. Nor am i looking for a date. I will ask ISI one thing- is everything more or less on track, or have there been big snags or unforseen problems that will delay things?

Just in general- how are you guys all doing over there is ISIland?
    www.virtualsportscarracing.com For the best quality Sportscar racing on the net. We race several different sims, check us out today.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Satangoss View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't happen only here. The fancy now is to declare as a "troll" everyone who don't speak / write what mainstream likes and considers as a "normal" opinion. Polemic is no longer allowed.
    +1...

even though it's off-topic... I'd like to add some words:
    the activity on this forum has also gone down dramatically... at least for a game that is in beta. Fan-boys just don't allow any kind of direct critisism.(it's beta...blabla don't complain... most ridiculous: "You did not pay for the beta. You only pre-purchased RF2 with the right to play the beta. Hence don't complain and shut-up...wtf)

Secondly, nobody is playing online. How comes? If Rf2 is sooo amazing and great as some people claim over here, why is nobody playing it?
    Last but not least, my biggest concern about RF2: fragmentation of the community as we had it in rf1. Already now, you have servers running mods you have not installed and hence you cannot join the game. You can't even filter them out. It's frustrating to see that no improvements have been made in that area. Casual high quality racing is not possible with RF1 and I'm afraid this has not changed in RF2. (even with the new mod management system)

I understand that ISI counts on the modding community and that they can't hosts all mods centrally, they should however think of ways to avoid too massif fragmentation and allow easy download of the necessary files. The only reason I was playing iRacing is that it always works and you can race within a few minutes with other people. For now it seems that RF2 is again only aiming at leagues etc... However many people like racing without having the time to join a ligue. I hope that ISI will introduce some system to find the right mod on the net. Every mod now has it's own "ID", this does however not help to find them on the net. I'm thinking of some kind of central listing of all available mods (without hosting them). ISI could offer a way to "register" your mod and make it visible including the download links etc... On that list there should also be kind of popularity flag for mods... This would make it easier to choose a popular mod and also find people playing online.... which somehow seems to be basic idea on a racing game... race against other drivers.

Or am I completely mistaken here?

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by Cracheur View Post
    If Rf2 is sooo amazing and great as some people claim over here, why is nobody playing it?
    I'm on rF2 about 6 to 8 hours a week offline. I guess that doesn't count.

I really see this thread going places. Someone send Tim a case of oranges. I think he's sick again.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    And what Tim should do with this thread? Close it? Just because next unsatisfied customers said something? C'mon!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Modding Group 

Knowledgeable member
    Im surprised it took till Tuesday to get another thread like this. Max its not the thread as much as this is prob the 1000th post exactly like this. Everyone keeps moaning about the same thing, so whats the point? Most of the time folks are just stirring the pot and TBH its getting old. You dont like rf2, move on. Its that simple.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Ahh, ok, you're the guy I see driving alone on the track from time to time. No but seriously, having read some of your 744 witty posts, I removed you from my official and representative statistics. You're just playing in a different league and that's why I did not count you.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by freew67 View Post
    Im surprised it took till Tuesday to get another thread like this. Max its not the thread as much as this is prob the 1000th post exactly like this. Everyone keeps moaning about the same thing, so whats the point? Most of the time folks are just stirring the pot and TBH its getting old. You dont like rf2, move on. Its that simple.
    well if you don't get the point, I'm afraid you've not understood what a beta is good for.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast