Page 20 of 133 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rfactor 2 beta video's

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by FONismo View Post
    Really annoyed by how that 60's looked on Youtube, it looks so good here in original form. It looked blocky in the dark areas on Youtube. Oh well.

Normal version

this is bloody great !!! Just amazing, FONismo !!! Looks more like a movie then a video game

GREAT!!!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @BSNismo 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolik View Post
    this is bloody great !!! Just amazing, FONismo !!! Looks more like a movie then a video game

GREAT!!!
    Thanks!
    Train your mind and your body will follow!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @maximumrevs Where I race 

Registered
    Jun 2012

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    May 2012
    Can't stand roof riding, does my head in, why would u choose anything but cockpit ? not trying to start a fight just wanna know.

Also your loadingscreen looks nothing like mine, whatsup with that?

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jun 2012
    My first rFactor 2 video. Just some laps at Mid-Ohio with formula ISI. Hope you enjoy it!

Registered
    Oct 2010
    One thing I like about Nissan is that this car really loves it when you push hard.
    If you get it properly into corner, you will be able to get on power early and it will just bite into road and hold on

At 0:51 and 1:13 it looks like car is about to spin, but it's still perfectly controllable (as long as you don't overdo it).

Lap time 1:16.7 for what it's worth.

A few overshot corners, few wheel locks and a little countersteering - maybe not the best lap ever, but at least I was pushing
    Last edited by K Szczech; 07-04-12 at 07:04 PM.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @maximumrevs Where I race 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxorman8 View Post
    Can't stand roof riding, does my head in, why would u choose anything but cockpit ? not trying to start a fight just wanna know.

Also your loadingscreen looks nothing like mine, whatsup with that?
    I've gotten used to it but it's looking quite odd since you can see parts of the roof in rF2 - unlike GT5 etc. The menu hasn't been altered, I've installed some custom tracks but that's pretty much it.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Really cool combo, track is perfect for the car, Trees aside i think it also looks quite good. Would of posted a race but the sounds are too buggy right now. Mirrors need some serious work in the car, looks really ugly but man that sound!

Last edited by FONismo; 07-06-12 at 04:04 PM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Botniaring whoo!

rFactor 2 Validated 

Registered
    May 2011
    Renault Clio right? (since there is a renault logo in the car, and it is clearly not the megane ) Looks cool, can't wait until ISI releases the Clio

And track is Botniaring. Didn't recognise it at first, just when I saw the trackmap
    nice vid, and indeed nice sound of that car

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Yes Clio Cup

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Nice mate... looking forward to the Clio`s too.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    To me this is by far the most realistic looking simracing video, really hard to judge if its a game or not. Again, excellent work on this ..Nismo!

I would really love to see ISI aim for such level of HDR and overall color and graphic-settings.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by daWave View Post
    To me this is by far the most realistic looking simracing video, really hard to judge if its a game or not. Again, excellent work on this ..Nismo!

I would really love to see ISI aim for such level of HDR and overall color and graphic-settings.
    I agree one of the most realistc in terms of colouring, "sense of real life" etc. such a nice video to watch. FONismo has some real talent (in terms of driving too!).

Id also like to add the following video, its by Paul Loatman, hes here on the forums aswell.

In terms of the actual pure steering wheel movement/driving this is one of the most realistic looking vids ive seen in my entire life. I know I posted it before, but I just had to re-post it, sorry fprum moderators.

No other video Ive seen looks like this in terms of actual in game (not a real life video of you) steering. Looks soooooo real. Way too many peoples steering (on ingame videos atleast) seem wayyyy too smooth, easy going, serene almost like they have their ffb wayyyyy to low, but MAN! The steering wheel movements, correcting, tiny little left right movments as if the wheel is alive, man it looks soooooooooooooooo life like and RAW.

Other than my own experiences with the game, its videos just like THAT, that make me question and wonder about the opinions of some of the people who say the physics are bad, the back end is uncontrollable and impossible to feel, the back end will kill you without warning, etc etc etc. hmmm................

Paul, bloody marvellous buddy, bloody marvellous.
    Last edited by Spinelli; 07-11-12 at 04:54 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    The difference you can see there between mine and Pauls is how much more aggressive Paul could drive with wheel movement. My video was done at the start when the F3.5 was an animal and required nursing round the track and smooth non aggressive driving, you really had to feather the throttle and required slow and not sudden wheel movment. where as Paul could attack the track and wheel properly with the newer build. Shows good improvements by ISI with the physics. You can see how much it kept stepping out on the older build out of the slow turns.

I was having to downshift to 1st just to get the front end in for a few turns as the car was full of understeer on entry back then and copious amounts of oversteer on exit. It was a real Frankenstein car
    Last edited by FONismo; 07-11-12 at 06:10 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinelli View Post
    No other video Ive seen looks like this in terms of actual in game (not a real life video of you) steering. Looks soooooo real. Way too many peoples steering (on ingame videos atleast) seem wayyyy too smooth, easy going, serene almost like they have their ffb wayyyyy to low, but MAN! The steering wheel movements, correcting, tiny little left right movments as if the wheel is alive, man it looks soooooooooooooooo life like and RAW.
    Yeah, but then your FFB will be saturated as hell if you want strong FFB effects, and you won't notice the difference between hitting a high kerb and going over a very small bump. Current wheels are way weak to simulate the real thing.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Yeah, but then your FFB will be saturated as hell if you want strong FFB effects, and you won't notice the difference between hitting a high kerb and going over a very small bump. Current wheels are way weak to simulate the real thing.
    This is very true, i have as little FFB strength as i can get away with tbh. I don't like the canned feel of strong FFB and i like to be able to feel the difference in each effect. Strong FFB normally hides these smaller effects. I always found the FFB in Race07 and GTR Evo extremely canned in feel in comparison to a really well set Real Feel mod and some Leo combined

Registered
    Oct 2011
    This is very true, i have as little FFB strength as i can get away with tbh. I don't like the canned feel of strong FFB and i like to be able to feel the difference in each effect. Strong FFB normally hides these smaller effects. I always found the FFB in Race07 and GTR Evo extremely canned in feel in comparison to a really well set Real Feel mod and some Leo combined
    Exactly. Wheels like the G27 are producing around 3Nm of torque.

It would be much better with Bodnar's wheel and its 15Nm of torque (x5 more). Then here you can have strong FFB strenght but at the same time notice all the smaller effects without having saturation

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Hey fonismo, I didn't mean to compare his driving to urs, sorry it came across as that, your vid just looked so real and it reminded me of another vid that looked really real aswell, that's all

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Fonismo recorded that video "live", so he is excused for his "poor" driving, but the video looks bloody great simwise