Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 18 of 132 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rfactor 2 beta video's

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@pitlanes Where I race 

Registered
    May 2012
    Me attempting (and failing) to race Mid Ohio in the Brabham

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012

Messing around with video rendering... I think I need a 16:9 display :/

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalanur View Post

Messing around with video rendering... I think I need a 16:9 display :/
    LOL its you-tube image stabilizing , you just need to make sure that is turned off.

Its funny how it picks up the camera shake in RF2 as being handy cam camera shake.

RF2 passes the you tube test.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Already turned it off again. Just wanted to see how it will effect the video. Somehow it's funny.
    But Youtube does not like my 1680x1050 resolution so I have to stretch the video to 16:9 or use boxes. Both solutions look like crap for 16:9 and 16:10 screens on Youtube. I guess I will gift myself a new 16:9 display in the near future, so I can upload 1080p videos too.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #345
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Brabham BT20
    Some laps on a green (little rubber) track in the Brabham BT20. Great fun, though I constantly screwed up some turns. I really missed this type of racing since GPL, so I am delighted to be making it part of rFactor2. I'm getting used to a new wheel, too, a nice Birthday today.

Created using Build 90 of the rFactor2 test version.

Rain Dance

I lose control a couple of times I think, badly at least once when the drying line is there and I drop a wheel onto the wet stuff. There's no spray yet from the tires, or visor/goggle raindrops. There is also no aquaplaning code implemented yet, so I am pretty brave on the straights. There are other cars running, but I don't see any of them in the session, so they were elsewhere on the track.

Video starts out under storm conditions. The sun is also pretty low, which lights up the rain and mist quite a bit. The rain stops, the track starts to dry where the cars are pushing air onto it, and I can lap gradually faster.

Created using Build 90 of the rFactor2 test version.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Hey Tim

Nice vids and many happy returns of the day to ya

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Happy birthday Tim.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Nice lappery Tim.

Many happy returns.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Best wishes Tim.

I saw the rain dance video was 13 minutes and thought I'd just watch the first minute but was totally captivated by the conditions and watched the whole thing lol

Although your PC is better than mine so I expect it to look better, what are the graphics settings you are using (in-game and CCC if possible)?

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #350

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYLIFE View Post
    Best wishes Tim.

I saw the rain dance video was 13 minutes and thought I'd just watch the first minute but was totally captivated by the conditions and watched the whole thing lol

Although your PC is better than mine so I expect it to look better, what are the graphics settings you are using (in-game and CCC if possible)?
    Everything is maxed in sim.
    1280x720 window 60hz when recording.
    Vid sync, HDR and fxaa on, aa level 3.

In Ccc 3d app settings I use application settings for everything except:
    Texture filtering quality-high
    Mipmap detail level-high
    Wait refresh-quality
    Aa mode-super sample aa

Sorry for lack of caps, I'm on the iPhone app

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalanur View Post
    Already turned it off again. Just wanted to see how it will effect the video. Somehow it's funny.
    But Youtube does not like my 1680x1050 resolution so I have to stretch the video to 16:9 or use boxes. Both solutions look like crap for 16:9 and 16:10 screens on Youtube. I guess I will gift myself a new 16:9 display in the near future, so I can upload 1080p videos too.
    for now you could always run the game in 1080p even if that's not native for your screen and then record from that using fraps that way you end up with a 1080p recording regardless.

You could also run windowed and record at 720p to get the 16:9

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Here is a quick video I made last week.

It's not the best vid ever but I want to shox you this beacause of a strange thing happening.
    I fear the grip level when your tyres are not flat on the track is a bit too high.

In the middle of the video you can see my car going far on the curbs jumping on two wheels and, while I wasnt especially turning the wheel the car tries to go on the roof top.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Sorry for off topic, but you're right this shouldn't happen, not very realistic.
    The same issue already discussed here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...FR3-5-Flipping

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Happy Birthday Tim, have a good 1. Which Wheel did you get?

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #355

T500rs.

16.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #356

Here's another video made by (sort of) request. I drive an odd line to show the drying line is dynamic.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2011

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Here's another video made by (sort of) request. I drive an odd line to show the drying line is dynamic.

perfectly!!

Registered
    Nov 2011

Execellent stuff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    T500rs.
    Nice wheel...

Nice birthday pressie too.

Was doing a bit of wet driving myself last night and wondered about the drying line being dynamic or not so you`ve saved a question there.

I notice that the usual driving line (therefor the usual drying line too) is also showing. Was this the other cars on track that were driving the normal line or were you on track by yourself?

Registered
    Dec 2010
    there were other cars too.. hence the yellow flags at certain points