Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 904 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Test Version

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Guys demo will come with full release.
    Test version, mod version etc = THE beta same thing different name pay now and get early access and it will be updated to the full version at release time.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @SuperRantam rF2 Rank Laptimes Modding Group: HistorX 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    We at HistorX are very looking forward to test the modding capabilities of rFactor2. So we'll be there for sure

Kindest regards

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I will jump in for sure, and most likely a bunch of my fellows at SimJunkies.org aswell.
    So bring it on. We are not modders but we await the 2nd installment with high hopes...

Thanks.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    thanks gjon looking forward to testing the beta...

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #65
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by zemaniac View Post
    so it's basically renamed from "Beta" to "Test version", in order to avoid random customers who pretend to buy the full game while it is still a beta if I got this right.

Smart move, title is always important. Hope we'll get our hands on rF2 as soon as possible
    You'll see us refer to it as beta, test beta, modders beta, open beta and probably some other stuff. It really depends on the message being sent. Here, Gjon wants you to take the time to understand what this software is, which is why his post is filled with so many reasons for you not to get involved with it. And it was posted to give you plenty of time to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracheur View Post
    We are currently putting together a Modders test version of rFactor 2. The intent of this release is to receive feedback on the new modding process. At the same time we are testing the purchase system and online accounts.

If you are uneasy about purchasing a product without first being able to try it, wait until a demo is available.
    "without first being able to try it" ? Maybe I'm a bit stupid or too anxious to get my hands on RF2 but this sounds like we won't be able to play immediately when the Test version is coming? (it also says that it is a modders test version to test the modding & the online purchase...). For me the wording is a bit strange...
    No, you have mis-understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ferret View Post
    Guys demo will come with full release.
    Test version, mod version etc = THE beta same thing different name pay now and get early access and it will be updated to the full version at release time.
    Yes you will NOT see a demo anytime soon.

Yes. It will also be updated during the beta with newer builds.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Hrm.. WHat? monye?

I like mods give me rf2.. please.

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Today or tomorrow relase we not wait http://kepfeltoltes.hu/120110/tumblr...toltes.hu_.jpg

PC Specification 

Jan 2012
    Tim, when Open beta release?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Bingo all crystal clear to me

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @fastorro Where I race Modding Group 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    65€ ? doesn't... right?

Gjon said "Info pricing" was 45$ = ( 35€ || 1to1 apple rate...)

rFactor 2 Validated 

Registered
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    You'll see us refer to it as beta, test beta, modders beta, open beta and probably some other stuff. It really depends on the message being sent. Here, Gjon wants you to take the time to understand what this software is, which is why his post is filled with so many reasons for you not to get involved with it. And it was posted to give you plenty of time to read it.

Im not a kid anymore Tim, i have 35 years old, 2 kids, i hife, a house to take care, i like simulation, driving and modding and ISI (RF) is my favorite, im a big fan of your work but seems like you are treating us like little kids who dont know, dont understand thinks!!!! This kind of approach is letting me offended, What Gjon said its nothing new, everybody knows this is a beta and we already had a lot of time to read and understand it!!!!

Your are contantly avoinding answer a simple question: Will you release the beta today? Simple question no? Maybe, like i said in VirtualR the answer to this question could "calm down" poeple every day until you release the "test version"..... What im trying to say is sometimes honesty is important, take care.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fastorro View Post
    65€ ? doesn't... right?

Gjon said "Info pricing" was 45$ = ( 35€ || 1to1 apple rate...)
    that is for the 18 months one. he was talking about the lifetime version

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Guerreiro View Post
    Im not a kid anymore Tim, i have 35 years old, 2 kids, i hife, a house to take care, i like simulation, driving and modding and ISI (RF) is my favorite, im a big fan of your work but seems like you are treating us like little kids who dont know, dont understand thinks!!!! This kind of approach is letting me offended, What Gjon said its nothing new, everybody knows this is a beta and we already had a lot of time to read and understand it!!!!

Your are contantly avoinding answer a simple question: Will you release the beta today? Simple question no? Maybe, like i said in VirtualR the answer to this question could "calm down" poeple every day until you release the "test version"..... What im trying to say is sometimes honesty is important, take care.
    He is making it clear for the people who don't understand, not everyone is as clued up as you and I get the impression every single one of your 36 posts are asking will the beta release today.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Tiago, I would think they arent treating us like kids. I think they are being explicitly clear to all those people that dont get what a beta is.. Have you been involved in any betas in the last 4 years ? Day 1.... 2000 whining people.. this is broke, I cant play, this doesnt work ... cry cry .. etc etc... 98% of people that want a beta, actually just want to play it early. It few and far between that actually want to test, give pro-active feedback (Ie not whine), but indicate what they see to be issues and offer potential ideas for resolution.

The post was aimed at this 98% to ensure expectations are very clear .. people will bitch and moan as they are paying for a buggy version.. they will threaten to go to consumer affairs as they paid for something that doesnt work. Legally his post is a very clear disclaimer to the community on what you are paying for and should expect to get... Sad they have to do it, but i understand from a business point of view.

It would surprise me if the installer has a massive splash screen saying exactly the same thing.. before you click the "Pay" button, you will have to read and agree what you are paying for.

No issues here with the post, and excited to get the ball rolling, although reading Tims post and the "plenty of time to read it" i am thinking it maybe still weeks away.. (given doc files are being released to allow people to read and understand in advance.

They are filtering out information to build excitment (Marketting excersize), not to mention they would still be fine tuning and adding touches. All part of building hype around a release.. standard business practice really.

Newer Member
    Mar 2011
    Wainting for the release...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Fair Dinkum Gjon !!! Strewth .... Bloody Hell and Crikey ol' mate !!!!!

Fekkin' Hell, surely you've milked this goddamn delaying tactic for all it's bloody-well worth ????

Just release the frikkin' thing and stop all this cockin' around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the Love of Be-Jesus and all the bloody blessed saints !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Peace & Good Bloody Wishes

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @clujmao 

Registered
    Feb 2011
    Guys I think we're getting a little crazy with this.
    I have wanted to try RF2, it is clear that if.
    What can not be is that if you do not like the answers they give us reach a point where you lose respect.
    I think no more than the ISI guys feel like taking out the open beta, especially to continue working with more tranquility, the pressure to which they are submitting is already stifling.

P.S :Sorry for my English.

Greetings Tony.

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    I thought the beauty of the internet was that we escaped regional dialects? lol

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #79
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Guerreiro View Post
    What im trying to say is sometimes honesty is important
    Me too.

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Is that really necessary?

(referring to the unfortunately extremely ocker post above... take a deep breath mate...)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast