Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1014 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Jon Denton drives Monaco

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibo View Post
    "Wrong way" is still there I hope we can turn it off. There is no need for this.
    I think most racing series forbid driving backwards. Also, some tracks are very large, or have sections so devoid of features you could easily accidentally drive the wrong way after a spin.

However, I would like to see more detailed configuration than the 3 levels we have now. If a server wants to run full flags but turn off DQs for going backwards (or another specific rule), I think that would be a good option.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

At Spa, at least until you've crashed a few hundred times, you will NEED some notification.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Tim go sleeping.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Let him finish some uploading first

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Ok, notification sometimes needed. But it would be good to have options to turn of DQ for driving backwards and/or notification.

PC Specification @shrapnel1977 iGP Manager Link 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    There is a picture of a circuit on the top of the page on vodka diaries. Does anybody know what circuit that is?
    As mentioned, yes, it is Montreal. I was thinking of changing it quite soon though, probably just to another moody circuit shot.

PC Specification Facebook profile @thisiskennyjay Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Jon we would love to get some info on your system-specs. After reading also the sim-hq article it would be interesting to get some more details on the performance side of rf2.

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by Flaux View Post
    Jon we would love to get some info on your system-specs. After reading also the sim-hq article it would be interesting to get some more details on the performance side of rf2.

Jon is probably not allowed to supply that information. It's a beta and not finished product don't forget.

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaux View Post
    After reading also the sim-hq article it would be interesting to get some more details on the performance side of rf2.
    He did say he got between triple figure and single figure FPS depending on his graphics setting.
    So it's basically up to what settings you have.

Quote from article: "I won't talk framerate specifics on a Beta, but I can setup a 25 car race for 1920x1080 resolution, and get framerates anywhere from triple digits down to single digits depending on how the graphics are adjusted."

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    At Spa, at least until you've crashed a few hundred times, you will NEED some notification.
    I will just stop and ask a cow

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    This discussion reminded me of Martin Brundle's spin in treacherous rain, from memory I think it was in Oz '89. He simply aquaplaned in a straight line. He later said that he spun and lost his bearings (concrete walls either side) and ended up facing what he thought was the right way without knowing 100%. He planted his foot and prayed he was driving the correct way and was relieved to see the braking marker when he arrived at the next corner.

He definitely could have used a 'wrong way' warning!

PC Specification Facebook profile @thisiskennyjay Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ADSTA View Post
    He did say he got between triple figure and single figure FPS depending on his graphics setting.
    So it's basically up to what settings you have.

Quote from article: "I won't talk framerate specifics on a Beta, but I can setup a 25 car race for 1920x1080 resolution, and get framerates anywhere from triple digits down to single digits depending on how the graphics are adjusted."
    Well, I'm more interested in what I see and would love to make it look like in Jon's video on my end. So thats why I would love to know more about his spec's. I guess everyone knows, that specially a beta-software isn't optimized...

13.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #53
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Jon is fine to reply with his specs if he wishes to.

PC Specification @shrapnel1977 iGP Manager Link 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Jon is fine to reply with his specs if he wishes to.

Yep, having already put them on RSC and Youtube I had just got bored of doing so! So, for one final time.

Plus it reminds me that I need to upgrade!

Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz Quad core
    4GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2 6400 RAM
    350Gb SATA 10K RPM
    nVidia GTX460 1GB
    28" LCD at 1920 x 1200 x 32.

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 32 bit
    10GB OS partition, memory optimised OS build streamlined for maximum foreground application performance
    100Gb App partition contains rF2 and packages
    10Gb Dedicated swapfile partition
    User profiles and appdata redirected to same data partition

Hope this helps a bit.
    Race and Vehicle Simulations
    http://www.ravsim.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123