Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 949 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Software is jerky, falls out of realtime, CPU is 100%

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Software is jerky, falls out of realtime, CPU is 100%

Some older force feedback drivers cannot handle rFactor2's high-fidelity update rate and in fact make the simulation fall out-of-realtime (you'll notice if things get jerky and slow and the purple bar on the CPU Time graph goes to 100%).

There are two possible fixes:
    1) get updated drivers from your hardware manufacturer (recommended).
    2) open up controller.ini and set "Skip Updates" to a non-zero value. Note that the presets for new Thrustmaster wheels include the second fix in case users haven't updated their drivers. Again, we recommend updating the drivers and setting "Skip Updates" back to 0.

Modding Group: F1SR Modding 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Hi Tim, has any consideration been given for ECCI 7000 wheels?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

If it is capable of receiving the kind of updates rF2 is putting out it won't be an issue, and if it is, then the skip updates 'hack' will help (but give you a less fluid feeling). It'll be up to the manufacturer to update their drivers to the needs of modern software.

This issue is really going to be apparent on much older wheels. We expect the Microsoft (Sidewinder?) to suffer, for example, and require the 'hack'.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Ok I,ll contact John Pribble from ECCI to check, I know he,s pretty keen to check problems out asap, when can he expect to be able to download the beta

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5

Have him email me: timw@imagespaceinc.com

Registered
    Nov 2011
    All done Tim thx.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: SimRacingPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Tim, can you specify, what exactly is the issue about? USB rate or something else?

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8

No it's the software driver optimization.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    OK, thanks.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    I trust G25 with the latest drivers from Logitech should be OK?

PC Specification 

Jan 2012
    I have a Logitech Wingman Force Feedback GP. Is this wheel supported in rF2?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Maybe ISI can just put a list off all steering wheels they've tested and might be affected by the issue?

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13

Only one wheel tested had the issue. But all wheels which work with Windows as controllers are supported by rF2 for input.

If your wheel has the issue there's nothing you can do about it anyway if the manufacturer doesn't update their drivers (except install the 'hack'). It's actually a lot easier than you're making it to deal with this.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Hi Tim I'd like to know if the Logitech Momo Racing was tested and if needs the Skip Updates <> 0

Thanks.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Binder View Post
    I have a Logitech Wingman Force Feedback GP. Is this wheel supported in rF2?
    I have the same wheel (still works too well to replace it). My FPS was in the teens when I was in traffic until I applied the Skip Updates tip Tim posted above.

16.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Jeremy Miller's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @jeremymmiller 

Quote Originally Posted by MaBo974 View Post
    Hi Tim I'd like to know if the Logitech Momo Racing was tested and if needs the Skip Updates <> 0

Thanks.
    If we are talking the black momo wheel. That is on my test machine at home and do not have skip updates enabled.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Miller View Post
    If we are talking the black momo wheel. That is on my test machine at home and do not have skip updates enabled.
    Yes it's black, here it is http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8...acinglight.jpg

So good news for me

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Acestumacher View Post
    Hi Tim, has any consideration been given for ECCI 7000 wheels?
    It works well for you?

An italian user with problems talking in english told me his wheel pushes on left and right, making almost impossible to drive.

Same for you?
    And, if for you the wheel works well, did you change some lines in the controller.ini?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Angelo View Post
    It works well for you?

An italian user with problems talking in english told me his wheel pushes on left and right, making almost impossible to drive.

Same for you?
    And, if for you the wheel works well, did you change some lines in the controller.ini?
    you don't mean the reverse effect ffb do you? that was fixed by choosing

Steering effects strength="-10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all steering

in controller.ini

had to do this for my t500, too.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Yes, thanks. I told that to the guy, but good to have confirmation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast