Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
ISI - Advertise
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 360

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Prepping for the open beta

  1. #161
    buzard's Avatar
     

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    This discussion is completley useless, some people seems not to understand they are waiting for a beta not for a official release. I guess these guys will never give constructive feedback on that beta release.

    best Regards Norbert
    Some people who tried C.A.R.S. had their money refunded and were kicked out of the program. Comments like "how can they release a sim with graphics this bad..." they don't understand WIP. I'll try to get rf2 the first day, but I do expect bugs and problems. That is what a beta test is for. The thing I like about rf2nd C.A.R.S. is that it gives the companies some $$$$$ up front to keep development going up front.

    I wonder who will be the first to accidently find a way to crash a server?

  2. #162
    Lizardfolk's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by D!2T View Post
    LOL so when January comes and goes what will you be saying then? "It isn't even February yet?"
    Seriously though, until actual admins of ISI post something solid about this, yours and others posts mean nothing...
    Didn't the admins say that they are looking to release it early January already and that there's no chance of a holiday release? Which basically means first two weeks of January

  3. #163
    D!2T's Avatar
     

    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardfolk View Post
    Didn't the admins say that they are looking to release it early January already and that there's no chance of a holiday release? Which basically means first two weeks of January
    I may have missed it so please point me to this specific mention of a January release by an admin..

  4. #164
    thuGG's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Poland, Warsaw
    D!2T
    After the holidays, which is said to include New Year. Glad to help.
    Last edited by Tim Wheatley; 12-29-11 at 09:09 AM. Reason: fixed it for you.

  5. #165
    D!2T's Avatar
     

    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    I've looked believe me and all I see is comments along the lines of 'soon', I simply asked someone to point me to where an admin mentioned this and since you've failed to I can assume that I haven't missed an official mention of this...

  6. #166
    CdnRacer's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Location
    Guess
    Quote Originally Posted by D!2T View Post
    I've looked believe me and all I see is comments along the lines of 'soon', I simply asked someone to point me to where an admin mentioned this and since you've failed to I can assume that I haven't missed an official mention of this...

    Actually we all know when the release date is but we're not telling you. We all received PM's from Tim. Tim did mention in the PM to not tell any Aussie anything, so don't take it personal. Sorry dude.

  7. #167
    Lazza's Avatar

     PC Specification Where I race 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Hang on a minute... lol

  8. #168
    D!2T's Avatar
     

    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Always the same clowns posting responses and no one official, that was pretty funny though I admit..

    Still waiting for that link to official mention of jan release... Probably because there isn't any.

  9. #169
    thuGG's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Poland, Warsaw
    Of course there isn't any, as CdnRacer said, we all received PM from Tim.

  10. #170
    Lazza's Avatar

     PC Specification Where I race 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Your problem, D!2T, is that you're looking for a specific date or an absolute answer. No one from ISI is going to say "it's definitely going to be in early January", because it's not yet confirmed ready and until it is they don't know for sure it is (!). This is a whole concept a lot of people aren't grasping - there isn't an rF2 Beta ready to go, with a release date set internally and they're just refusing to tell us.

    Take a look here:

    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...ll=1#post20134

    If (if) the RC being tested right now has no problems crop up... we'll get it pretty much as soon as they get back from holidays. If there is an issue, it'll take longer.

    This is why I said the beta is 'imminent' - bearing in mind 'imminent' always needs a context to make any sense, we're just waiting on confirmation the beta is solid. The content is set (heck, most of us have already downloaded it), so as soon as they know the .EXEs are ready to go we'll be able to get them.

    If you missed this whole thing I can sort of understand your confusion about the 'pre-order' (which doesn't exist) process, and why we're all excited when 'all' we got was beta files we can't open.

    Hopefully it makes a little more sense now?

  11. #171
    D!2T's Avatar
     

    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    I never thought I'd say this to you but thankyou Lazza , the posts by Scott Juliano have made it a lot clearer where the beta is at.. Shouldn't be long now then it seems/I hope..


    + 1 Reputation bonus, to make back for those reports I made, jk
    Last edited by D!2T; 12-29-11 at 03:47 AM.

  12. #172
    ORA-Quasi's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race 

    Registered
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    Tim did mention in the PM to not tell any Aussie anything, so don't take it personal. Sorry dude.
    That's purely because he told the Aussies first and didn't want the 'Englanders' to know they'd been pushed back to second on his favourites list.....our reply of "We already know that" tends to let the cat out of the bag

  13. #173
    Lizardfolk's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Nov 2010
    What about the Chinese such as myself?! :P

  14. #174
    Lazza's Avatar

     PC Specification Where I race 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
    ... want the 'Englanders' to know ...
    Hate to break it to you... and ruin the joke, though it's all getting a bit long in the tooth anyway... but I'd bet my left one Cdn is Canadian. The 'English' under his avatar is next to "Language"

  15. #175
    ORA-Quasi's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race 

    Registered
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    LOL....that'll teach me to read the forum after a 12 hour shift and 5 hours sleep

  16. #176
    brook's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pisa, Italy
    Tim give us a gift to all of us who are waiting you could of course, I dont think you can weigh the work of the staff now if something is not working. I believe that these holyday we might very well have to settle for the open beta as well as is.
    Tim, let us a gift!!!

    P.S. ---- and sorry for my english!!!

  17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #177
    Scott Juliano's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

    Location
    Texas
    One... last... time... (and without having read back through everything to see if other similar responses have been made )

    We plan on releasing the current Release Candidate that is in testing after the holidays unless something is found in testing that prevents it, or we feel we MUST add a last minute feature that just can NOT wait for a later beta update. I can not give a date, hour, minute, second answer--I don't have one. But "early January" would be a fairly safe assumption as long as the following criteria are met:

    1) Testing shows there's nothing terribly broken in the current Beta Release Candidate
    2) Nothing unexpected crops up with the commerce system
    3) No last minute, mandatory, additions are added, thus requiring another build and testing of that build
    4) Gjon says "Go"

    That is an official an answer as I can give. We will know better after everyone is back in the office after the holidays (and you wonder why we didn't want to release BEFORE the holidays and then break for vacation--look up and all over the forum ) and see what testing has found.

    Edit: If we can't release we'll let you know. If we can, OBVIOUSLY you'll know. In either case, you'll know... And with that, Happy New Year everyone
    __________________
    "There is no spoon..."

  18. #178
    brook's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pisa, Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Juliano View Post
    One... last... time... (and without having read back through everything to see if other similar responses have been made )

    We plan on releasing the current Release Candidate that is in testing after the holidays unless something is found in testing that prevents it, or we feel we MUST add a last minute feature that just can NOT wait for a later beta update. I can not give a date, hour, minute, second answer--I don't have one. But "early January" would be a fairly safe assumption as long as the following criteria are met:

    1) Testing shows there's nothing terribly broken in the current Beta Release Candidate
    2) Nothing unexpected crops up with the commerce system
    3) No last minute, mandatory, additions are added, thus requiring another build and testing of that build
    4) Gjon says "Go"

    That is an official an answer as I can give. We will know better after everyone is back in the office after the holidays (and you wonder why we didn't want to release BEFORE the holidays and then break for vacation--look up and all over the forum ) and see what testing has found.

    Edit: If we can't release we'll let you know. If we can, OBVIOUSLY you'll know. In either case, you'll know... And with the, Happy New Year everyone
    thank you, your answer is a gift for me!

  19. #179
    Hoschi's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Wow,

    nice to hear that . i cross the fingers and hope for a good testing phase!
    -wenn jäger zu gejagten werden-

  20. #180
    Tripp's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    "Some people who tried C.A.R.S. had their money refunded and were kicked out of the program"

    Ha ha yea this is just one thing why gamemakers not shall allow people to be involved in doing games it always end up bad.

    Let us just be cool and wait for this game to be official let us discuss something other until rfactor 2 is out

    so boring see rss and how much updates post is here and it always is rumours and strange questions about rfactor 2 when it is not even out.

    my private opinion only

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •