Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Prepping for the open beta

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Here is annother downloadlink: http://rfactor-2-liga.de/include.php...d&contentid=30

complete 2,3 GB, all rfmod files !
    Last edited by Hoschi; 01-02-12 at 12:13 PM.
    -wenn jäger zu gejagten werden-

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010

This video is the first thing who got me excited about rFactor 2. Even though using rFactor, this video showed a level of graphics for a model never seen before at that time on gm engine.

The wait is almost over and i can't wait to see their first video using rFactor 2.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    You have no clue what you're talking about. You probably have no clue about the immature pissing match between those two clowns as well. Stick with what ya know dude.

Not to mention Gangi has been a real turd lately running his mouth about fanatec. I guess he was fired since now all of a sudden he has a totally different attitude about their products. Anyways, do some research and you'll find out they are both asshats.
    Your party, man.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Why does rF2 have to compete with iracing? I don't think they do. Simracing is getting pretty big now. Not big as far as the gaming industry is concerened but bigger than it was two years ago. Seems that way to me anyways. So there is no need to compete with anybody.
    Pretty big? I think not. What we do have is the culmination of several long term projects coming together in 2012 (rF2, GTR3, maybe AC and SMS possibly doing something different based on the success sales wise with the Shift engine)

Sure a couple of years ago sim racing was dead development wise with the exception of iRacing. It is inevitable comparisons will be made because they have been the only developer releasing stuff.

However, there is clear distinction between developer only produced and new developer created engines providing modders with capability to produce their own, yet also a lot of cross over. It will work both ways, features not included with iRacing like weather and a more dynamic environment plus AI will put pressure on iRacing and the whole value and participation questions.

Regardless, discussions about products within a market are inevitable. This year will probably be exceptional for just that.

Maybe a year or two ago a few were comparing ir and netkar on driving italia. Kunos had chimed in saying he wasn't competing with ir. He knew about it obviously but didn't know much and didn't really care. He did say he was shocked when reading about the prices over there that were mentioned in that particular thread.
    Kunos is quite a fan of DK titles: http://www.radicalsonline.com/conten...and-netKar-PRO

His comments about iRacing pricing structures is interesting:

What I really think is that the sim racing community need to realize they are soon to be extinct specie.. we're heading the same way flight sim went.

Whether we agree with it or not there has needed to be a sea change in approach to sim racing software costs if we really want significant development. rFactor has cost me a few dollars a year spread out over the last six years yet still we have people preferring to use cracked versions.

PC Specification 

@Tony. Kunos is a fan of what DK has done in the past(nr2003 and before). DK has not done anything new since nr2003. Same graphics engine, his new tire model is in the alpha version maybe beta at best.

So far this theoretical tire model has shown not to work. I'm not saying it will never work because who knows but right now it doesn't.

They also get alot of the strange netcode stuff that happened in nr2003 still happening in iR. I wonder why.

DK has become mired in his own arrogance in my opinion.

I still think there are more sim racers today than there was two years ago.
    Last edited by CdnRacer; 01-02-12 at 02:36 PM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    They also get alot of the strange netcode stuff that happened in nr2003 still happening in iR. I wonder why.
    Because of different approach than in ISI based sims. To minimize visual lag, iR tries to EXTRAPOLATE car movement trajectory. Unfortunately under some conditions, especially supported by communication issues it generate collisions which don't exist.
    On other side, ISI network code rely more on past data, signalizing collision only if it really happened. Wrong side of such approach is car models sinking into each other until collision will be detected. IMO second approach is better because don't penalize innocents. But other may have another look on this.

BTW: I still don't understand why DK tyre model is called theoretical since it is developed based on empirical data. But we are going a bit of topic

DK has become mired in his own arrogance in my opinion.
    As most developers do, including me

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Scott, Do you prepare going according to plan?

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    I adore the storm of speculation that rises before a game release like this, people become experts with crystal balls pedicting the beta to be over a month away. Happens with every game I have hung around the forums for before a release

Hard facts are we are waiting for payment option to be set up and an .exe file, if that takes a month then that'd be a big fail, lol.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @feels3 rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    @mikey

Welcome to the experts group.
    Make yourself at home.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #270
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by JJStrack View Post
    by the way, when are the http mirrors coming? can someone from ISI please give a date on that?
    Today.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: MoFo Eng Co 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyk1985 View Post
    I adore the storm of speculation that rises before a game release like this
    What? ;o
    A Game? 8-/
    You mean RF1 wasn't real? o.0
    Oh Darn..

12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #272

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by thuGG View Post
    Ok, Holidays are over. Beta, beta, beta?
    Won't be today for the installer, you can relax a little.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Won't be today for the installer, you can relax a little.
    Oh NOEZ

Tomorrow then? hihihi

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    @Tony. Kunos is a fan of what DK has done in the past(nr2003 and before).
    actually Kunos has posted positive comments in the iR forums but I think it just proves there is more respect between devs than some fans of different products

PC Specification 

ah well. Time to go and spread "The Word" somewhere for you I guess.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @zemaniac 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    you can relax a little.
    How little?

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #277

10%.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    LOL....

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    I think Race Department spilled the beans on Twitter....

Hmmm is it friday already? We can't wait to unveil what we will be giving away that day Starts with an "R" and ends with a "2". Oopsy!
    And...

Our first ever rFactor 2 event posted in our brand new rFactor 2 Racing Club. Sign up today
    We would like to welcome every licensed member to the Grand Opening of the rFactor 2 Racing Club. This is your chance to compete at the inaugural event here at RaceDepartment and be one of the first to sample the delights of the rFactor 2 multiplayer features. The event will take place on the release day of the rFactor 2 Open Beta.
    So put together the pieces: They are giving away a copy of rF2 on Friday and their race event is scheduled for the day the beta is released.

So I'm guessing the beta will be released before Friday this week
    Ferraris weep a little when you downshift

Dec 2011