Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Prepping for the open beta

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I definitely would like to get my hands on rF2. As someone who plans on building a track for it, it'll be nice to get my hands on the tools--see what what we'll need to be adding, play around with the (hopefully) new shaders, seeing the track in the new lighting system, etc. Which, seems to me, from what they've already said, is the major purpose of the open beta. They've already run the closed beta with the larger mod groups / licensed developers; now they're opening it up to the rest of us, but from the impression they give, it's still not ready to call it 'finished' (even as a first pass).

It just doesn't make sense to me for anyone to say "they shouldn't release the open beta yet". It's a choice, not a requirement, y'know. If you can wait, then go ahead and wait. If you don't feel it's 'ready' to play, then don't play it. They've already said a free demo will be available at or closer to the full release. Odds are, unless you're actually going to be creating content, you're not their target audience for the open beta, anyway (with the exception of maybe testing the matchmaking service under a larger load). So, unless you guys want to play just the content that comes with the game (nothing at all wrong with that) for 6-12 months after the full release, keep quiet and don't give ISI the wrong idea--we want rF2 sooner than later .

However, I will say to the devs that I'm very much aware that the time between Beta and Gold is high-pressure, go-time. So, definitely enjoy the much-deserved holidays and come back refreshed and ready to go!

Registered
    Dec 2011
    ECCI 7000 Ordered - i'm ready, bring it on.. rawwwwwwwrrrrrr

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Happy New Year to all! and looking forward to a good 2012 filled with rFactor 2 enjoyment.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Happy New Year everyone! where is the beta?

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Happy New Year!

Beta?
    Yours faithfully, Vrooom vroom!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @zemaniac 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by John.Persson View Post
    Happy New Year!

Beta?
    Many of us just thought this ^^

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by F1 2004 View Post
    Happy New Year everyone! where is the beta?
    I believe, we have to visit Ann Arbor

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Asking for the Beta is not prepping for the beta.

Registered
    Apr 2011

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Nov 2011
    1:30, where is that video?
    It's not rfactor2, it's GPL.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudXXI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnro View Post
    It's not rfactor2, it's GPL.
    Exactly, I saw this too. A pretty lame move to show another game's footage if that's what it is.

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by O11 View Post
    Exactly, I saw this too. A pretty lame move to show another game's footage if that's what it is.

Bah!! It's a dumb show anyways. Who cares?!! For years it's been one giant iracing commercial. I stopped watching after the interview with Gjon when the large chested woman started asking him about iracing. I thought that was pretty rude and unprofessional. Gjon showed some personality though and handled it well.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    I stopped watching after the interview with Gjon when the large chested woman started asking him about iracing. I thought that was pretty rude and unprofessional. Gjon showed some personality though and handled it well.
    What's wrong in talking about competition? I have to do it all the time in my business.

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur.Hermont View Post
    What's wrong in talking about competition? I have to do it all the time in my business.

It was "supposed" to be an interview about rF2. I may be wrong here but do they ever ask DK about other sims and has he ever tried them?

Why does rF2 have to compete with iracing? I don't think they do. Simracing is getting pretty big now. Not big as far as the gaming industry is concerened but bigger than it was two years ago. Seems that way to me anyways. So there is no need to compete with anybody.

Maybe a year or two ago a few were comparing ir and netkar on driving italia. Kunos had chimed in saying he wasn't competing with ir. He knew about it obviously but didn't know much and didn't really care. He did say he was shocked when reading about the prices over there that were mentioned in that particular thread.

It's the ir elitest fanboy that always thinks other devs are competing with ir. Fact is most devs don't even care about what goes on over there.
    Last edited by CdnRacer; 01-01-12 at 02:04 PM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Yeah.. I checked at like 1am to see if they were going to anally release at midnight on new years for accounting purposes. No luck

ISR is good in concept but the hosts just seem to be doing it because they are paid/told to. And as much as I want Jessica to dance for me. She seems way too forced on as eye candy and dis-interested in sim racing. Must be a relative of one of them or a producer.
    Last edited by ZeosPantera; 01-01-12 at 02:20 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    Bah!! It's a dumb show anyways. Who cares?!! For years it's been one giant iracing commercial. I stopped watching after the interview with Gjon when the large chested woman started asking him about iracing. I thought that was pretty rude and unprofessional. Gjon showed some personality though and handled it well.
    I tried watching one episode but that show is just so terribly and uncomfortably awkward.

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    I tried watching one episode but that show is just so terribly and uncomfortably awkward.
    I actually used to quite like it, it had a transitional period between being completely dorky, being really fun,watchable and informative, and then I racing vomited all over it and thats the end of that. Jessica is I believe the daughter of Darin Gangi's girlfriend.

they are nice genuine guys though. They used to do a sim car of the week which I enjoyed, that seems to have disapeared. The most recent show has little adverts for kinect and playstation move so I think they have really lost the plot.

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyk1985 View Post

they are nice genuine guys though. .

Gangi and montoya from virtualr both showed themselves this spring as the greedy clowns they are.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    I checked at like 1am to see if they were going to anally release at midnight on new years for accounting purposes.
    errr......lol

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Yup, they got jobs doing something they thoroughly love. They're the devil.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast