Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Prepping for the open beta

Where I race Modding Group: RSDG 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    You guys are at vacations? Unbelievable!

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Juliano View Post
    We plan on releasing the current Release Candidate that is in testing after the holidays unless something is found in testing that prevents it, or we feel we MUST add a last minute feature that just can NOT wait for a later beta update. I can not give a date, hour, minute, second answer--I don't have one. But "early January" would be a fairly safe assumption as long as the following criteria are met:

1) Testing shows there's nothing terribly broken in the current Beta Release Candidate
    2) Nothing unexpected crops up with the commerce system
    3) No last minute, mandatory, additions are added, thus requiring another build and testing of that build
    4) Gjon says "Go"
    Thankyou very much Scott, we now have a very honest official official response so that's great and it will stop people from coming here everyday and being frustrated. Happy New Year to you and all too

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Hey All,

I have a question you might be able to answer. Will I be able to create plugins for the beta version of rF2? For rF1 i've created some plugins to extract live timing data from the game, will I be able to do this in the beta?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephane Rouault View Post
    Hey All,

I have a question you might be able to answer. Will I be able to create plugins for the beta version of rF2? For rF1 i've created some plugins to extract live timing data from the game, will I be able to do this in the beta?
    They have stated you will be able to create mods for the beta, so I would assume plugins would be ok as well.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Question is : did you work this week 26-30 december ?
    Every statement seem to indicate that you will start test and search for bugs january 02 then release it when it's bug free one week after or so.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Not sure if it's been mentioned already but is there any word on what the licensed 1966 F1 car is, is it the Lotus 49?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    Question is : did you work this week 26-30 december ?
    Every statement seem to indicate that you will start test and search for bugs january 02 then release it when it's bug free one week after or so.
    I think that's the wrong question.

Just because the ISI employees are on holiday does not mean the closed beta testers are not still testing. I think you are assuming that the closed beta testers are ISI employees. I assume they are not.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @Valbuena72 Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Do you know if the tool "dedicated server" will be available in beta ?
    Thank you for the answers

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    I canīt understand one thing. In some forums I read the open beta is only for the people that buy it. I thinked itīs for everyone. Will can I download it if I donīt buy it?
    Other thing: Iīve got mirrors for the torrents in MuegaUpload. If someone wants it, send me a Private Message.
    Sorry for my bad English, Iīm Spanish and Iīm learning it now... ._."

rFactor 2 Validated 

Registered
    May 2011
    The beta is only available when you buy 'the game'. So the beta is available if you pay the full price of the game. That means that after the beta you get the complete game without paying extra off course, and instead of 12 months access to the matchmaker (online racing) you get 18 months access (but the time will start running during beta, so when the beta is over you PROBABLY will have about 12 months left of it)

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    So I canīt try the game if I donīt buy the game... Generally itīs the oposite, no? I try the beta (or the demo) and, if I like it, I buy the game.

12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #192
    Luc Van Camp's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @ISITrackTeam 

For the last time ( ): yes, the open-beta will include the dedicated server.

And yes, any rF2 demo will most likely be similar to the one we had for rF1 (I can only imagine it will again be a free time-limited version), which is planned to be available after the initial Gold release. The open-beta is not a demo though, nor is it a full-on finished preview of the Gold release.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by D!2T View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned already but is there any word on what the licensed 1966 F1 car is, is it the Lotus 49?
    The Lotus 49 didn't debut until the Dutch GP, June 4 1967.
    In 1967 they ran either an updated 33 (Monaco) or the impossible 48 with the H16 BRM engine and a space frame version of the 49 chassis.
    But YEH!!! I'm dying for an accurate 49 and Gurney Eagle.
    Quality is a direct experience independent of and prior to intellectual abstractions.
    R. Pirsig .

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    We're waiting for long time for this beta, but i think it's better waiting more. I don't want to play the beta and read message like "Error, rFactor will be closed" or "Runtime Visual C++ Error", so we should waiting until the software will be stable or at least with many bugs fixed so we could start to enjoy rfactor 2. That's my opinion!

Maintime we could go on playing in rfactor 1

Have a nice holidays everyone, and a Happy New Year!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    @Vincenzo Carlesimo

It's not like they are not testing it. They are testing it in closed beta stage since September (or so), so by now they should eliminate all the major problems.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonza116 View Post
    So I canīt try the game if I donīt buy the game... Generally itīs the oposite, no? I try the beta (or the demo) and, if I like it, I buy the game.

This is not a DEMO it is a BETA version of a yet to be released game intended for those with experience in RF1 and other sims in order to refine and consolidate what is to be done for the final release version.

Almost everyone who tries the BETA is someone who would buy the release outright and as such don't want a demo but as much content as possible from which to develop and comment to improve the final version.
    If you need a demo try the RF1 demo and then decide if RF is for you. BETA version ARE NOT intended for newbies.
    Quality is a direct experience independent of and prior to intellectual abstractions.
    R. Pirsig .

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by thuGG View Post
    @Vincenzo Carlesimo

It's not like they are not testing it. They are testing it in closed beta stage since September (or so), so by now they should eliminate all the major problems.
    Yes, but if they wait again to release may be some problems aren't solved yet. So i prefer waiting than have a software that don't working perfectly. I don't think that do something quickly is the best option, the "testing phase" is long at least sixth month, i'm a developper programmer so i know that. Problems could happens when you think is all right!

Unfortunately i'm no so good in programming, otherwise i'd like to offer my help to Isi

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhatree View Post
    I think that's the wrong question.

Just because the ISI employees are on holiday does not mean the closed beta testers are not still testing. I think you are assuming that the closed beta testers are ISI employees. I assume they are not.
    I guess when they find a bug, they fix it themselves.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo Carlesimo View Post
    So i prefer waiting than have a software that don't working perfectly. I don't think that do something quickly is the best option, the "testing phase" is long at least sixth month, i'm a developper programmer so i know that.
    Then you should wait for final release, not the beta.
    Beta means that most likekly some problems will occur, beta usually is to find those problems and fix it. Therefore I would prefer to get the beta sooner and experience some problems than to wait another weeks, months, just so they can polish it.

This is beta, problems will happen, I know that, give it to me

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by thuGG View Post
    Then you should wait for final release, not the beta.
    Beta means that most likekly some problems will occur, beta usually is to find those problems and fix it. Therefore I would prefer to get the beta sooner and experience some problems than to wait another weeks, months, just so they can polish it.

This is beta, problems will happen, I know that, give it to me
    Sure, but if they release now the game will have more bugs than waiting two weeks. In two weeks they could fix some important bugs! My opinion.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast