Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 934 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
List your Top 3 most aniticipated RF2 Features
Heres a little thing to keep us busy for a day.....(sorry off work and bored!)
1) Improved AI - We all know the story of rF1s AI, not the best by far but when it did work it did work well enough (V8Factor being a prime example). This is one area I wanted ISI to put a bit of effort into for RF2 and by all accounts they have, racing offline Pick-Up races as though they are online is definatley a good thing for me as well as doing championships. As with rF1 I aim to fiddle and tweak all the settings of the AI and help improve (if needed) during the development course of RF2, as big as online racing is we should never forget the importance of decent AI.
2) Real Road Technology - I wont be afraid to admit I get a little arosued everytime I read something about this Marbles on the track, dry lines....eeerrr other stuff! Its gonna be a step forward in sim racing as far as I'm concerned, not just for the Tech itself but for the way we drive, the way we overtake, the way we brake...and these could change every lap! Thats just plain exciting to me!
3) Mills Upgrade - I love the original, it was the first ever track I raced online with and when rF1 was initially released, I must've clocked up 1000 laps in a matter of days around that place! Screenshots of the new one look great and I cant wait to see whats been changed, added, removed even! Cant wait to get that Clio on two wheels again!
1. improved FFB (together with improved physic modell)
2. dynamic weather / Real Road
3. improved graphics (sun glare, HDR, mirage effect, ...)
1. Improved Tyre Model. From the released videos it looks like there will be a GOOD chance of a reasonable attempt at simulating a flat spot
2. Changeable Road Conditions - Real Road Technology
3. The prospect of joy from discovering how something works again and that sensation of being a kid again
1. dynamic weather and track surface conditions
2. improved realism for endurance racing (damage/wear repairs, safety cars, vehicle extraction, driver changes, server rejoin etc etc)
3. improved visual and aural immersion
1. Tire model
2. Weather and Live Track
1.Start up Screen
- Sun glare/heat haze
- Dynamic weather
- Some of the tracks ive seen in previews - Charlotte, Palm Beach, new Mills
(1) driving: car physics, sound, ffb
(2) environment: dynamic weather & track surface
(3) fun: improved graphics
1. All the new Features and toys available to modders.
2. Real time reflection.
3. Dynamic atmosphere
1. Tire Model
2. Dynamic road
3. *Improved admin features (API, server automation, ect)
* Wishful thinking
1. Improved Tyre Model and Dinamic Weather.
2. Solved problems about hotswaps.
3. Hardcore Racing Mode xD. Without info when I'm driving. Only a possible cockpit info, spotter and if it's possible from the pitwall (I don't how it says in english the "desk" that you see when cross the finish line xD with lap info.)
1. driving feeling similar to Netcar-pro
2. tire model, FFB, weather, live track, HDR
3. modding tools
1. Dynamic weather and track surface
2. Graphics (Real-time reflections, animations and visual tire deformation & wear etc.)
3. Physics (New tire model, better FFB)
1. Rally tracks and physics (hopefully in final product)
2. Improved physics and ffb
3. Plugin management system
I have seen multiple people mentioning the improved hot-swapping during endurance races. Is that wishfull thinking, or have I missed it being announced?????
I have seen it mentioned by ISI, but it was more along the lines that it will be included IF rejoining during races was working fine (if I remember correct). I can't remember having seen a final note on that subject.....
ISI said that they are working on it, it was quite some time ago. The mentioned also that they are working on a possibility to reconnect to a race when you got CL.
3 years ago Gjon said, that driver swapping will be solved in rF2. So I count on it.