Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 578 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: SLS compatibility ?

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010

SLS compatibility ?

Hi, I'd like to know if rF2 exports will be the same as rF1 to ensure full SLS compatibility, or will it be necessary to make some development ?
    Faites un geste pour la terre : préservez la couche d'eau jaune !

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    As far as I know, exports will not be compatible in final release, due to changed format to JSON.
    Tim also said that first releases (don't know if referred to open beta only or to initial release) will use XML format. Even with XML, we have no guarantee that content of files will be the same as in rF1. My bet is that will not be compatible.

But don't worry. I will add rF2 support to SLS asap after release.
    I would like to get some specs from ISI, but I don't count on it. So as soon as I get example result files I will write parsers and provide and upgrade for Simracing League System.

best regards

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    thx MaXym

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    hi

thanks Maxym.

i would like suggest something about your SLS. Sometimes we need to admin all players and teams directly. I mean we win some times to organize by ourself all players and teams of a championnship, because lot of players don't know very well how use your system

today we make as we can to do this, but if you can add a new management way to be able to add directly players and teams, it could be usefull

bye

Registered
    Oct 2010
    SLS is designed for closed leagues management. Because it is strictly based on relational database any ad-hoc drivers/teams management my end up with a lot of problems.

It is not a problem to add possibility to add new drivers or teams manually by admins. But I'm not sure it is what you are looking for.

If you own a forum I suggest to write a bridge between forum and SLS. Then any new user added to forum will get account in SLS. We do that in semi-automatic way: any driver which want to drive/has access to our game servers, must ask for it by him self. Then admin pushes the button which copy driver data to SLS.

best regards
    Last edited by MaXyM; 12-04-11 at 10:55 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    we used this way (bridge between forum and sls) but too many problems about names, and others things.

yup :
    It is not a problem to add possibility to add new drivers or teams manually by admins. But I'm not sure it is what you are looking for.
    this is exactly what i "ask" We did some updates to create a private manager to do this. but if you can do it in a next version, it will be appreciated

we have too many players who choose the wrong teams, wrong number, wrong cars, etc. that's why we manage all ourself now. TBH i don't know if a lot of league do as us, but globaly a season is more simple to manage like this, IMO.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    You know, I never wanted to have drivers with 2-number IQ in our leagues. So SLS does some kind of filtering job
    To be serious, admin is able to set driver's car for season. There is also option to not select any car: driver may use any of cars assigned to season. So finally the only driver's task is to assign it self to correct season. If failed, admin may do that.

One thing missing in SLS is team management available for admins. I consider improving it in future versions. But for sure it will be in 2.x line which is going to be skinnable by smarty templates as well as to be integrable with CMS systems like yoomla, mkportal, vB etc. I started to rebuild system but it will take some time for sure. Curious is, what will be released first: rf2 or SLS2

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post

One thing missing in SLS is team management available for admins.
    good news, especially this one

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I can confirm, that result file is the same as in rfactor1. Even file header is not changed to make it distinct. I hope, ISI will modify this header, making possible to distinguish rf and rf2 files
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE rF [
    <!ENTITY rFEnt "rFactor Entity">
    ]>
    <rFactorXML version="1.0">
    <RaceResults>

So.. I can say, SLS is supporting rF2 Open beta
    I will release update tomorrow (I mean today CET)

Newer Member
    Jan 2012

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Hi MaXym,

Will there be update of liveview ? The one for rFactor1 doesn't work .
    So many use it. Would be great if there was an update for rFactor2.

Thank You

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Do you mean stand alone LV?
    I'm trying to update it for about 2 years still have no time enough.

But LV is included into SLS and this version is recent for rF1.
    For rF2 I have to write plugin. From what I have seen it will be be just copy-paste action since plugin structure is almost the same. Maybe I'll try to do this this weekend.

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Do you mean stand alone LV?
    I'm trying to update it for about 2 years still have no time enough.

But LV is included into SLS and this version is recent for rF1.
    For rF2 I have to write plugin. From what I have seen it will be be just copy-paste action since plugin structure is almost the same. Maybe I'll try to do this this weekend.
    Lol yeah i know that update is taking abit .
    But i guess the current one works also for rFactor2.

Its the plugin I mean. First thing I installed on the server , and it didn't work .
    Would be awesome to get that updated. Thank you.
    Last edited by tom ilsbroux; 05-15-12 at 02:03 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    where can i get sls

Registered
    Oct 2010
    click link in my sig, then you will find download in menu bottom left

with regards

16.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Jeremy Miller's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @jeremymmiller 

The intention is to go to JSON for all web services. When that happens is still up in the air right now.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @apocalypse_dan Where I race Modding Group: YutaniDesign 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    why not still give an option to get xml as well surely you can go to JSON for the web services but still leave the software to right a xml to the log/results folder what harm could that do letting these files get written to that folder

Registered
    Oct 2010
    guys I cannot see any point you started the discussion right here.
    from my point of view file format does not matter as long as I will be able to read it and interpret data.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @Relax_SimRacers Where I race Modding Group: RelaxSimRacers 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    If I copy rF2LiveViewPlugin.dll , Dedicated has been stopped working , any idea?