Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1130 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Monaco Chicane

Newer Member
    Sep 2011
    Tim,

From what you wrote about the trackside objects,that different types of objects will react as expected.I am led to believe that the wall physics have changed.That a tirewall will now give in stead of just bouncing you off the same as a concrete wall?

Newer Member
    Nov 2011
    looks very nice. i looked at some photographs from almost the same angles as the first 2 screens and i have to say it is almost spot on.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #43
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by cammel View Post
    Tim,

From what you wrote about the trackside objects,that different types of objects will react as expected.I am led to believe that the wall physics have changed.That a tirewall will now give in stead of just bouncing you off the same as a concrete wall?
    Haven't crashed enough at most tracks to know that actually, but what I recall is that tires feel softer than the walls... But I crashed at Monaco a LOT. Basically the hay bales move and you can crash through them, the wooden barrier breaks off, etc. At Spa there's a lot of roadside markers and you'll see them get knocked over then ran into by each car. Certain things like metal fences you can crash into and they move, but stuff like houses, (road) cars parked at the side are rock solid. There's definitely a difference, but I need to crash more at the non historic tracks to know more about them. So I'll get back to you...

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #44

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by SimonV6 View Post
    how many 1960's track will there be?

Simon
    Three.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010

Thumbs up

Nice screens Tim!

The trees are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newer Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Haven't crashed enough at most tracks to know that actually, but what I recall is that tires feel softer than the walls... But I crashed at Monaco a LOT. Basically the hay bales move and you can crash through them, the wooden barrier breaks off, etc. At Spa there's a lot of roadside markers and you'll see them get knocked over then ran into by each car. Certain things like metal fences you can crash into and they move, but stuff like houses, (road) cars parked at the side are rock solid. There's definitely a difference, but I need to crash more at the non historic tracks to know more about them. So I'll get back to you...

Thanks Tim.

The wooden barriers that break,have to be modeled that way ,correct?What I mean is each piece of the barrier will have to have it's own .gmt

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #47

Quote Originally Posted by cammel View Post
    Thanks Tim.

The wooden barriers that break,have to be modeled that way ,correct?What I mean is each piece of the barrier will have to have it's own .gmt
    I don't build the tracks and don't have that knowledge. The wooden area on the right as you go into the chicane I've only pushed it away in one piece, but the Spa objects (if you meant those), they can all be knocked off and all have their own physical reaction to the track surface and the cars as they get knocked around. The first time you see either a big wreck in Eau Rouge or the start of a race where everyone is running out of space, it's actually pretty cool to see things flying everywhere. The bales of hay can get moved by one wreck and then are something those behind need to work to avoid because they're still collidable, as are those posts from Spa... You can certainly make yourself have a big crash by running over a small piece of debris.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    Turn on full filtering and change the sandbags texture and i wouldnt moan Tim.

I guess it's on purpose you communicate like that, dont know why. 1 step forward, 2 step back. Full HD screen but not full AA + one screen showing on the first plan (sight) an ugly texture, yes the sand bags are ugly !

Plus i read it misses this effect or this one (ambiant occlusion whatever it does) + screen compression ?? Cmon rFactor profile handled screenshot file type, change jpeg to bitmap !

I was expecting a video with the quality of demonstration showed in the sun glare screen !

Forget it. I will show you how it's done with the beta.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Thanks Tim!

These screens REALLY do give a 1960's feel. So, well done whoever was responsible for that

Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by DmitryRUS View Post
    your programmers and artists must learn to work well.
    You should stop talking nonsense! Do it better my friend and show us your wonderful work! Where is your game that is looking so great??? You freakin me out!
    "rFactor - Simulation for the Soul!"

PC Specification @Pandamasque 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Thanks for the screens, Tim. I'm up in the middle of the night to watch the Chinese round of ILMC so my eyes could deceive me, but there seems to be something about the screenshots that make them look 'grainy'. Love the overall atmosphere though.
    The approach to the chicane is very important. You must stay to the right or you risk reducing your possible angles far too much. The escape road of the chicane is filled with bales of hay which you can easily slide through, sending them flying until you hit something more solid. The chicane has objects which are concrete, wood, supported by sandbags, etc, and these all react in the way you would expect.
    Does that include fire?

PS: The remark about the mood lighting really cracked me up.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    What is everybody crying about the graphics? The biggest news to me is that the trackside objects have realistic weights. Maybe some of you can recall the super slow motion replays of Live for Speed. When you just brush against a tire stack and it just moves a little bit, you know you took that corner as sharp as was possible. To me that's one of the sexiest things I've ever seen in sim racing.

Maybe a small thing, but that's what immersion is to me. Not the textures on a sandbag that's hidden away behind a fence and you'll never ever look at closely while driving.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Great to hear that objects that you can hit have a different feel. I posted something about that in another area of the fourm, I think it's important for immersion factor.

Screens look great Time, the backward nose view really makes me wanna jump in the 67 mod and fly around Monaco now!

14.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #54

Quote Originally Posted by Spacekid View Post
    You should stop talking nonsense! Do it better my friend and show us your wonderful work! Where is your game that is looking so great??? You freakin me out!
    You didn't, but make sure you be careful not to get too personal.

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #55

Someone mentioned the car not looking like it was on the track. I see that. I can only assume it's either ambient occlusion of the shadow of the tire missing (creating what looks like a greater distance between track and tire), or that it is not driving on the visual surface at that point. Either way I'll notify them.

Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Three.
    Spa, Monaco and ????

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    The sun finally looks like it is out. It is what has been holding back rF1 for so long!
    I messed with the HDR mod for rFactor1 trying to get it to look like it wasn't perpetually overcast.

Standard HDR settings.

My Tweaking to get it to look sunny.

In your screens yes, the sandbag textures are low quality.. but look how much else is there! Are you going to complain about the decks of the sailboats not being physically modeled as well? The lack of clouds shows off the sky's blue scale transition nicely. If the HDR is on it looks perfect. Any more contrast and it would look fake.

Sun on the ring.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...6-57-47-10.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...6-57-36-94.png

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to get a HistorX2 car zooming down toward that chicane with suicidal AI in front and behind!

Registered
    Oct 2010
    going back to the Debris of trackside objects...I hope they cause punctures

Registered
    Oct 2011
    its sad that afer 6 years of development since rfactor1 the graphic looks minimal better.

I mean the physics could be so amazing but without good graphics it will never be nearly perfect it always drive with you. everybody say they dont care about graphics only physics but the graphic is a way of the physics too, its temporarily.

To be honestly but the graphics look like and old game from the year 2003, its not state of the art.
    and with this i mean every screenshot that we see until now. (maybe the sun glare shot has a good environment but the cockpit looks still awful)

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    am i the only one fedup of complaining about the graphics if your going round a track looking at the road surface of state of sandbags your not going fast enough..

This is a simulator I want to try out the sim parts of this and racing in my league and better physics of the cars.

If you want shiney graphics and dont care about drivability like some obviously dont go play f1 2011..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast