Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rF2 - subscription based service ... lol

Registered
    Oct 2010

Thumbs down rF2 - subscription based service ... lol

rFactor 2 comes with an online account system providing matchmaking & updates. Itís free for the first 12 months after purchase and a paid service after that.

I am terribly irritated by this fact, so let the ****storm begin! I wonder what hitler in youtubes thinks about this.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Uhh ... there is a topic about this already. I was rage-blind. So this can be used mostly for ranting.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I approve of this system. Nobody said you need to use the service after the first year. Not actually sure what the service will do in the way of gameplay. I am sure updates will be free forever. Mods won't care. I think this will be for stat tracking, accident ratings, etc. All the good things iRacing did but without the insanely high MONTHLY fee and charge per car and charge per track. Everyone running a public server can now rest easy that the random person joining isn't just going to smash them out of the first corner. Besides I doubt if it will be more then $20 a year for this tracking. Time will tell.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Apr 2011
    folks, as the OP acknowledged himself, this thread is perhaps no necessary. MODS, suggest to close this thread and comments can go into http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...r-Subscription ... no point in have two threads on one topic .....

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    I approve of this system. Nobody said you need to use the service after the first year. Not actually sure what the service will do in the way of gameplay. I am sure updates will be free forever. Mods won't care. I think this will be for stat tracking, accident ratings, etc. All the good things iRacing did but without the insanely high MONTHLY fee and charge per car and charge per track. Everyone running a public server can now rest easy that the random person joining isn't just going to smash them out of the first corner. Besides I doubt if it will be more then $20 a year for this tracking. Time will tell.
    +1 i'm with you

PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    +1

Registered
    Oct 2010
    +1 for mindless optimism.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile