Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Matchmaker Subscription?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @woodee_uk 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thuGG View Post
    Ok, so you basically buy rF2 for a year. Renewal for next year costs 13 dollars.
    Single player and mod development mode forever for $43.99

$12.99 a year to keep using online services (first year FREE)

Doesn't seem to bad.... $12.99 a year (around 8.11) for keeping ISI afloat seems reasonable to me!

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...ta-information
    rFactor 2 Reddit - You are very welcome to contribute!
    My Fundraising Journey | Raised 1051.93 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #122
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

Quote Originally Posted by LesiU View Post
    OK, are you a 10 yo kid or a serious guy, hmm? Is it really that difficult for you to provide a simple answer, like "yes" or "no"? Or you just want to continue that your hilarius PR game with us, with unclear statements etc.?
    ?

The sentence you quoted, is clear. And that's what I said. It does not say multiplayer in that list of things you can do without the ONLINE stuff. Please don't be offensive, the initial quote was clear.

What will I be able to do if I don't use online services?
    You will be able to run single player, run Mod Mode, and manually find and install any mods or updates.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    And what will the price be in Europe?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I agree with Lesiu.
    In the interview Matchmaker was referred. Now it is expanded to whole online gaming.
    It is next proof Tim plays word games with us.

And to make it clear. I'm not against paying for service. But I'm pissed off how he presents things, giving unclear statements etc.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by henri200 View Post
    And what will the price be in Europe?
    Use currency conversion?
    My Fundraising Journey | Raised 1051.93 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    I agree with Lesiu.
    In interview Matchmaker was referred. Now it is expanded to whole online gaming.
    It is next proof Tim is play word games with us.
    Think of it this way... paying for an online service may even reduce wreckers... and at such a LOW price per year is makes sense to try!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodee View Post
    Use currency conversion?
    Usually the game prices in the Europe are different than in USA. For example rFactor 1 is at the moment 35€ in EU and $39 in US (35€ is about $48). I guess it's because the taxes in Europe are bigger.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Think of it this way... paying for an online service may even reduce wreckers... and at such a LOW price per year is makes sense to try!
    I know that and I agree.
    But why to not to say it clear for first time (eg in interview)? Why to force us to speculate and trying to interpret what they have said? Why they don't use straightforward therms?

Usually the game prices in the Europe are different than in USA. For example rFactor 1 is at the moment 35€ in EU and $39 in US. I guess it's because the taxes in Europe are bigger.
    Not always currency is converted. Very often product costs 35USD, is priced for 35 EUR. Don't ask me why.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thuGG View Post
    Ok, so you basically buy rF2 for a year. Renewal for next year costs 13 dollars.
    Where are peoplee getting these figures for the cost of the service? As far as. Ive seen, isi hasn't said if it's going to cost $5 or $50 per year.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blakboks View Post
    Where are peoplee getting these figures for the cost of the service? As far as. Ive seen, isi hasn't said if it's going to cost $5 or $50 per year.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...ta-information

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: SimRacingPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    ?

The sentence you quoted, is clear. And that's what I said. It does not say multiplayer. Please don't be offensive, the initial quote was clear.
    No, it is not clear. At least, wasn't for me. You know that there are lots of private leagues so it should be obvious to let us know, do we have to have online account to continue racing in our leagues. Actually, apart from that, it would be nice to know if LAN mode also be available.

I kindly asked a question because I wasn't sure and it is amazing, how a big problem it is for you to answer my question with simple "yes" or "no". But OK, now it is clear for me that we will need that subscription in our leagues. Thank you.

We run our private leagues, with our rules etc. so in that way, I don't care about wreckers on public servers. I just don't race there at all.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blakboks View Post
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...ta-information...

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I know that and I agree.
    But why to not to say it clear for first time (eg in interview)? Why to force us to speculate and trying to interpret what they have said? Why they don't use straightforward therms?
    You don't need to speculate though... just take what's said at face value.

Not always currency is converted. Very often product costs 35USD, is priced for 35 EUR. Don't ask me why.
    Ah right... pity it isn't so simple

Registered
    Oct 2010
    You don't need to speculate though... just take what's said at face value.
    I wouldn't speculate. But yesterday we talked about Matchmaker which is not the same as limiting online racing at all.
    So, ISI provides untrue or incomplete informations. Force us to read between lines and after that they trying to prove that it wasn't been said.

It is not the first time they do that. But I'm surprised again.

At this point I have to agree with Hutch-SCO and some one else who just predict such things.

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #135

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

I wouldn't speculate. But yesterday we talked about Matchmaker which is not the same as limiting online racing at all.
    So, ISI provides untrue or incomplete informations. Force us to read between lines and after that they trying to prove that it wasn't been said.

It is not first time they do that. But I'm surprised again.

At this point I have to agree with Hutch-SCO and some one else who just predict such things.
    No, you are not forced to read between the lines. Just to read. It's the reading between the lines that is the problem because you end up in the wrong direction quite often. I do wish things were just read as they are.

The Q&A, published recently, was sent to them a little while ago (you know that, I said that in many threads). Since then, we have worked things out more, that is why you get more info now than you did in the Q&A.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I do wish things were just read as they are.
    We have read that subscribtion is related to Matchmaker. There was no any word about online racing at all.

Do you think MM is the same same as online gaming?
    Do you think MM is the service which is required to play online?
    Or maybe information in the interview is outdated just after a few days?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    tim, can I pay $100 now and have an illimited license?

(you earn legal interest)

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #138

OK. So may you answer why in Interview only Matchmaker was referred and no online racing at all?
    Do you think MM is the same same as online gaming?
    Do you think MM is the service which is required to play online?
    The matchmaker is online racing in rF2 and is a part of the service, as was noted in the interview.
    Yes.
    Yes.

rFactor 2 Validated 

Registered
    Apr 2011
    I'm ready! Where to pay money.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    If you devellop a mod and dont have the online service you can not connect by IP to your modding group server for testing the mod in beta stage ?

Just to clarify.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast