Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1071 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 - Grand Prix Promo

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

rFactor 2 - Grand Prix Promo

Thank you to Inside Sim Racing for helping with the launching of this promo video yesterday.

We have now provided the video on our own Youtube channel and the original WMV, which may give you some extra detail - being 1st generation media.

From the news post:

If you enjoyed the old MGM movie, Grand Prix, we’re sure you’ll enjoy this “movie style” promo video featuring rFactor 2 in work-in-progress beta testing stage.

Grand Prix racing in the 1960′s was a mixture of bravery that bordered on recklessness and, contrary to what many may say, innovative design and technology, far from primitive, which led Formula One to where it is today.

It was an era when the human eye, instead of a computer and a wind tunnel, designed a beautiful car. It was an era where spectators and drivers were only protected by bales of hay, which were often more likely to attribute to a fire than to save you in an impact.

Risks were taken and lives were lost, but the romance of the era still remains been the target of software developers, TV documentaries, and Hollywood movies. Many, including those of us at ISI, consider this space in time to be a golden age in the history of motorsport.

The first in-game/sim screenshot of rFactor 2 released to the public was of a road lined with trees, a house on the right and a truck parked in its driveway. This, barely recognizable to us as the same track now, was the first indication that ISI were trying to do something different.

We have licensed content from the modern era of motorsport for multiple types of racing, but also have licensing deals for real content from the first four decades of Formula One (some in the initial release, some to come later). We’ve done this because this is what we love and this is what we want to bring to the racing game/sim community. We want you to be challenged by our software, to be challenged rain or shine, day or night, old or new, and what better track to challenge you than the streets of Monte-Carlo?

View on YouTube | Download WMV (145MB)

We hope those of you who will want to participate in the open modders beta testing period are almost ready…

PC Specification @Pandamasque 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Whoever chosen the music deserves a nice bonus. It just works. The whole atmosphere about the video makes me want to ignore the static crowd and various other visual imperfections.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Much cleaner motion without those ghost-frames ain't it.
    I'm making the engine noise myself in the meantime. *vrooommm*

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    This old geezer can't wait to try a 1957 Maserati or a D-type Jaguar. It doesn't get any better than no wings and narrow tires with tread on them. You will make lots of us old GPL fans very happy.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    poor poor video...I mean at 44seconds you can see the same bloke....either that or the one hiding behind the lamp post is a twin...sort it out Scott

/joke mode off. Great video chaps, love the effects and the marshalls/bloke turning his head! cant wait for the beta.

just one Question, was this against AI or all human drivers?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @Martin_Keets 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    I think this is a very good move by ISI.

Some of the most successful mods in rFactor depict classic racing. GT legends was a great title for Simbin as was GPL for Papyrus.
    Historic sims/games tend to earn themselves good reps and I'm sure most F1 fans have, at some point or another, glanced back at the history of the sport via books and video's etc.

This is a great vid and reminds me of the film Grand Prix which I think I might just watch again soon.

No doubt we'll get a plethora of modern day content either officially or via mods but it's thumbs up to historic racing from me.

Edit: Just read first post... Seems vid was based on that movie lol... I should read before I post.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Just... WOW! EPIC! Can't wait to try the open beta

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by MarcG View Post
    just one Question, was this against AI or all human drivers?
    I'm waiting to find out for sure on that one, because the AI is very good in rF2 so I need to check to give a truthful answer.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    I'm waiting to find out for sure on that one, because the AI is very good in rF2 so I need to check to give a truthful answer.
    Great!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Thank You

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Very very nice-Thanks Tim

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    quote : "We hope those of you who will want to participate in the open modders beta testing period are almost ready…"

I'm ready for beta testing!!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    quote : "We hope those of you who will want to participate in the open modders beta testing period are almost ready…"

I'm ready for beta testing!!
    me too! Tim you can upload the beta on Monday.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @NoLimit_GER Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Ghosting is gone Tim, confirmed.
    It was the reencoding of ISR. Now you can pause the video and everything's sharp.

Now blow us all away with the next trailer, hehe!
    rFactor 2 - A work (of art) in progress!

Registered
    Dec 2010
    ¿Is there a long time between the start of open beta and release of the official game?
    ¿The beta will be released in 2011 and the official game in 2012?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011

You can always count on me

PC Specification 

Jul 2011
    Beta? where can i sign?

We are all waiting for the beta.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @feels3 rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Amazing buildings details and awesome track textures

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I saw the Facebook video and did some tweaking to colors and contrast and such. Comparison Between the Two

Now that the actual file is released I will judge against that.

** Edit. Original isn't bad just too low a bitrate and WMV codec can bend over and suck my ______.

Was a little upset that this was still going on.

Damn you rims and tires and spoiler through the ground! Why can't you collide properly...

I can see the heat distortion at the start of the video but didn't see any or even exhaust smoke coming from the tailpipes at any point while they were driving in the video. Those are the little touches that patches can bring about. Just make sure they are mentioned.
    Last edited by ZeosPantera; 10-14-11 at 06:49 PM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
    The whole atmosphere about the video makes me want to ignore the static crowd and various other visual imperfections.
    Did you ignore? Really?

Read your post again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast