Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1049 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 WIP HDR comparison screenshots

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Interesting discussion about HDR screenshots you have here... not
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @rFactor2Updates 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by K Szczech View Post
    Interesting discussion about HDR screenshots you have here... not
    Maybe ISI should share some new images with us.

It's been roughly four weeks since the first batch and I'm curious to see what progress they've made.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Perhaps none that would be visible on screens.

Sometimes you need to put graphics aside and work on menus, performance, flexibility, stability, packaging and so on... That's a huge part of work that you don't see on screens / videos nor could it become a good topic for discussing it with community.

For example - it's been a year since I first shown my shaders until I had some kind of editor that could be used by people. In the meantime people were complaining that I don't share my work with community and don't provide any tools. Sometimes there's just huge amount of "invisible work" that needs to be done between the point where you can show something on a screenshot and the point where it's actually stable and flexible enough for general use.

That's why I say - let them work Feedback is always appreciated and impatience is understood but I believe they have their hands full allready, so time for feedback will come when public beta is available.
    Some of us will present modified screenshots or videos with their vision of rF2, some of us will share our opinions and suggestions, but none of that speeds up developmnent and ISI has it's own vision of the product.

Yeah, I'd love to see a few screenshots every day, but I don't think more screenshots would give us better idea of what to expect than we allready have. List or just partial list of tracks and cars would probably be more informative
    Last edited by K Szczech; 10-19-11 at 01:52 PM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    And a screen for each track present in the game wouldnt please you ?!

Tim has been hired for what some of us and I ask for. He has licensing to do i understand, but a screen every week shouldnt be hard to do.

And please i like to see Full HD snapshots because latest screen were wip hdr preview in 1600 x 1050 something, and these are just 1200 x 800 http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/screens/w..._hdrsingle_02/

Again if 2011 it is, then we should see more of what we're gona get.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
    For those who complain about HDR making things too dark at dawn/sunset:

THAT"S the Sound I want to hear on Rf2. !!!!!!

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    And a screen for each track present in the game wouldnt please you ?!
    I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I clearily said I'd love to see new screenshots.
    I'm just not gonna demand it just because I'm curious or impatient or I think they should now begin marketing of their product.
    Actually I don't think they should - it's too early for marketing. What we're about to get is open beta, not final product that will make it to store shelves and need marketing.

I wouldn't even be surprized nor worried if first release wouldn't include things like antialiasing, replays or HDR. Such things could be added sometime in the middle of beta testing.
    Simply put - first things first. We just have to wait and see what will be there. Maybe we will get everything in first beta release, maybe not.
    Last edited by K Szczech; 10-24-11 at 11:04 AM.

PC Specification 

ISI doesn't have to show you crybabies anything. Do you honestly think that tim was hired to show WIP screenshot so you morons can say "oh I don't like the HDr or I don't like the colours"...etc. I'm sure tim has other stuff to do than to communicate with a bunch of sucks around here.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #228
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Please be nicer. I'm capable of defending myself when I feel I need to be.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    ISI doesn't have to show you crybabies anything. Do you honestly think that tim was hired to show WIP screenshot so you morons can say "oh I don't like the HDr or I don't like the colours"...etc. I'm sure tim has other stuff to do than to communicate with a bunch of sucks around here.
    http://rfactor.net/web/2010/09/13/ti...ley-joins-isi/

Maybe you can define or try to explain to a moron what is marketing...

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2011
    Look, look, look. Some nice wallpaper above

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I wouldn't even be surprized nor worried if first release wouldn't include things like antialiasing, replays or HDR. Such things could be added sometime in the middle of beta testing.
    Which will annoy community again.
    Unfortunately I'm sure everything is going to release alpha product as called beta to take another year of time for developing. As you said, without replays, without proper postprocessing. Wouldn't surprised if it will be useless for serious league racing due to some serious issues.
    After years of waiting, a few release promises, "almost done" statements, we got such partial product, and Tim will say: "I didn't say that final version will be released on Christmas, I said you will be happy with rF2 for Christmas."
    Sometimes I have a feeling that we are regarded to be retarded. I would like to be wrong.

Registered
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    Just curious...but is there some sort of inside joke going on here, where the mods and admins are continuing to allow this obvious troll/joke character to post here and insult people without any reprimandation?

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #233

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

The very next post was a reply from me to him.

The forum comes with features which allow you to block anybody you want to. If someone is consistently doing something you dislike I would recommend taking advantage of those features.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Tim, while on the topic of the Forum in general (I know, there is a better suited place for this) would it be possible do mark the Admins posts with another color, either a light tinted color on the background or a different color on the headers like WMD has, it is avalible as a quick option for this if you are a Forum admin, WMD uses the same platform and it really helps when you are looking for information or posts done by any Admins.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Isamu - I use to say that with every post, people are working on their own reputation.

So there's a paradox here - deleting posts that have any sign of insulting tone only helps rude people to maintain good, undeserved reputation Of course there are limits - insulting someone directly for example.

I personally report such posts (as I reported that particular CdnRacer's post), but don't really demand any immediate action to be taken. If someone gets reported often then it will attract attention of moderator and decision to take action will be up to him.

Anyway, we're getting way off topic on WIP HDR screenshots here

16.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #236

Quote Originally Posted by FakeThinkpad View Post
    Tim, while on the topic of the Forum in general (I know, there is a better suited place for this) would it be possible do mark the Admins posts with another color, either a light tinted color on the background or a different color on the headers like WMD has, it is avalible as a quick option for this if you are a Forum admin, WMD uses the same platform and it really helps when you are looking for information or posts done by any Admins.
    there's a little ISI logo on every thread and post we've posted in.

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #237

Isamu - I use to say that with every post, people are working on their own reputation.

So there's a paradox here - deleting posts that have any sign of insulting tone only helps rude people to maintain good, undeserved reputation Of course there are limits - insulting someone directly for example.

I personally report such posts (as I reported that particular CdnRacer's post), but don't really demand any immediate action to be taken. If someone gets reported often then it will attract attention of moderator and decision to take action will be up to him.

Anyway, we're getting way off topic on WIP HDR screenshots here
    Yep. You have to be self policing in a way. The forum isn't something we'll ever have the staff to read every post in. We'll be busy in the support forums eventually and if you guys are discussing something we don't need to read, we're not going to see it.

You need to report those posts and if someone consistently annoys you just block them. It's an easy option in your user cp: http://isiforums.net/f/profile.php?do=ignorelist I do want this to be a place where people can be who they are. There's always a limit, but I also would like people to develop a thicker skin if possible, try to not take things so personal maybe as often that's what the poster might want.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    I also would like people to develop a thicker skin if possible
    Well said.

try to not take things so personal maybe as often that's what the poster might want.
    Even more often it's the opposite case - poster had no bad intentions but due to difference in opinions his post is percieved by the other side as aggressive, while all it does in fact is presenting an apposite point of view.

Developing some maturity, "thicker skin" or whatever you may call it is essential on forums, since we don't see other guy's face nor hear the tone of his voice as it really is, but as it is in our imagination.

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #239

Yeah you're right there. I'm sure sometimes I come across badly. Text is horrible method of communication... I try hard to add smileys, etc, but they still often don't help to put across my frame of mind as sometimes people don't notice them.

I actually used to get annoyed a lot on forums, it used to really affect me. But, as you've probably seen, you really can just brush this stuff off when you get used to it.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Ello ello', new forum header image!

Last edited by Carbonfibre; 10-25-11 at 03:18 PM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast