NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 861 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 WIP HDR comparison screenshots

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I hope in October we will have the promotional screens with full anti aliasing...

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    And that is why you should be able to bind sunglasses to a key. Your choice of color and darkness, polarized of course.
    If you look at some of the older WIPS (Sept 2010) there's a GTR incar shot with a sunstrip visible that says "test sun strip NGTR" and another from the same car, in the rain, with no sun strip - i guess some thought has gone into this!

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    I like the new HDR-(WIP)-shots. Yes, a little bit overdone to show the effect, as Luc said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Luc Van Camp View Post
    In the posted screens, HDR is slightly overdone, partly because we wanted to show something that looks NOT "just like rFactor 1". It can even look a lot more dramatic than this actually .
    Some parts look real, while other parts look a little bit unnatural. But via HDR-profiles these settings will be tweakable to our own likings.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #144
    Luc Van Camp's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @ISITrackTeam 

Quote Originally Posted by snoups58 View Post
    Just a quick note. How can we see a plane close to the radius of the sun's glare ?

I think the sun must be more intensive.
    I suppose a bit of Bloom will take care of that. That isn't active in these screens as they only show HDR. In fact, once Bloom is working properly, I think I'll play with more subtle HDR settings, which means they should become less overdone .

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    I hope in October we will have the promotional screens with full anti aliasing...
    WTF is it with you and anti aliasing?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    And that is why you should be able to bind sunglasses to a key. Your choice of color and darkness, polarized of course.
    Amen!!!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    I see Shum's point, all of the pictures shown up till now have not AAs. Can't figure out why. They would be way better with.

BTW I can't see AA even in rF1. No diference from FSAA 0x up to 16x. I have to force AA using GPU driver interface. Maybe rF2 be the same.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Satangoss View Post
    No diference from FSAA 0x up to 16x. I have to force AA using GPU driver interface.
    Same for me.

So far I am not impressed at all. HDR is unrealistic, you won't see it in the real world. So why would you want to see it in a simulation (game)? There is way to much contrast and the dark areas completely lose their details. The graphics in these latest screenshots are just showing off which might be ok for need for speed, but here it's just a waste of development time. Also the texturing still looks very poor.

What's the problem here? Wrong shadow layer in the template?
    Last edited by 10speed; 09-28-11 at 09:59 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 10speed View Post
    So far I am not impressed at all. HDR is unrealistic, you won't see it in the real world. So why would you want to see it in a simulation (game)? There is way to much contrast and the dark areas completely lose their details.
    Read this

In the posted screens, HDR is slightly overdone, partly because we wanted to show something that looks NOT "just like rFactor 1". It can even look a lot more dramatic than this actually .

Also the texturing still looks very poor.

Do you know what settings are used on these screenshots? WIP means WIP, not final quality

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @rFactor2Updates 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I suppose a bit of Bloom will take care of that. That isn't active in these screens as they only show HDR. In fact, once Bloom is working properly, I think I'll play with more subtle HDR settings, which means they should become less overdone .
    Thanks.

Registered
    Oct 2010

20% Overlay

I decided to tweak these recent rF2 images because I think the HDR effect is overdone.

Method: overlay the HDR version onto the standard version and then drop the opacity of the top layer to 50%

Last edited by mclaren777; 09-29-11 at 11:10 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2010

50% Overlay

Same method, different opacity value.

Last edited by mclaren777; 09-29-11 at 11:11 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    The bad thing about these HDR shots is the constant nagging my brains telling me to upgrade my GPU which I cant afford to do!
    Awesome though chaps thanks, they're looking great.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @feels3 rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Tim, could you give us next time few screenshots from early morning until sunset, but with the same car in the same track/camera position?

Some kind of step by step day-night transition
    Last edited by feels3; 09-28-11 at 11:56 AM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mclaren777 View Post
    Same method, different opacity value.
    Looks better. Take it to 75% it may be too strong there.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    mclaren777 you better upload your HDR profile somewhere once they release the game
    Awesome stuff at 20% and 50%

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERbreaks View Post
    mclaren777 you better upload your HDR profile somewhere once they release the game
    Awesome stuff at 20% and 50%
    He is simply doing that in photoshop. overlaying the right side of the comparison shots over the left and then making the HDR layer opaque allowing the un-darkened detail to come through from the non HDR side.

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #158
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

Same for me.

So far I am not impressed at all. HDR is unrealistic, you won't see it in the real world. So why would you want to see it in a simulation (game)? There is way to much contrast and the dark areas completely lose their details. The graphics in these latest screenshots are just showing off which might be ok for need for speed, but here it's just a waste of development time. Also the texturing still looks very poor.

What's the problem here? Wrong shadow layer in the template?
    No, it's a sun high in the sky and a horizontal-ish surface next to a vertical one. You get shadow on the vertical one.

Or if you mean the black splotch? That's a WIP fix I think, doesn't look like something I've seen myself though in the software.

Registered
    Oct 2010

Registered
    Nov 2010
    I think we need a video of HDR because the screenshot discussion isnt going anywhere

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast