Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1059 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 WIP HDR comparison screenshots

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Satangoss View Post
    I can't see either insects flying over the track or the young grass seeds sprouting.

C'mon people, this is not GT5 or F1-2011. There's a balance to achieve. This is a simulator.
    Being a sim doesn't matter that ther may be no insects flying around. Any detail counts.
    But if we wou'd talking about Codi's F1 or GT5... Check how new TrackMania looks like. It is a reference for gfx in racing games right now.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    I bet these people complaining over the most inane details are the same people who drive with their keyboard
    Type shum94 on youtube and you'll see how i drive.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @rFactor2Updates 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Three new comparison shots...

http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/up...r_2_HDR_02.jpg
    http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/up...r_2_HDR_03.jpg
    http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/up...r_2_HDR_04.jpg

I wish we knew how much HDR "intensity" is being used because I really like the effect in some shots more than others.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mclaren777 View Post
    Three new comparison shots...
    I wish we knew how much HDR "intensity" is being used because I really like the effect in some shots more than others.

Yeah, Might be a TOUCH too high on the contrast between light and dark.. God help us if that isn't adjusted.

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Zeos, you keep saying "I hope it's adjustable" but Tim already said it is

*Just keep things in perspective here... in that shot the sun is visible. If you did that with a camera it would either make the whole scene very dark or washed out, while standing there in person you'd be shielding your eyes or pretty much blinded by the sun.
    Last edited by Lazza; 09-28-11 at 01:26 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/up...r_2_HDR_04.jpg
    I think the heat haze comes from the brakes, but I wish to see some heat haze coming from a hot road surface in the distance (which also results in the mirage-effect we've already seen).

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
    you'd be shielding your eyes or pretty much blinded by the sun.
    And that is why you should be able to bind sunglasses to a key. Your choice of color and darkness, polarized of course.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Original look better

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Need to overlay one to the other and warp the opacity a bit. Just get some detail back in the darkest of parts.

Sep 2011

Just a quick note. How can we see a plane close to the radius of the sun's glare ?

I think the sun must be more intensive.

Sorry for my bad english

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I hope in October we will have the promotional screens with full anti aliasing...

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    And that is why you should be able to bind sunglasses to a key. Your choice of color and darkness, polarized of course.
    If you look at some of the older WIPS (Sept 2010) there's a GTR incar shot with a sunstrip visible that says "test sun strip NGTR" and another from the same car, in the rain, with no sun strip - i guess some thought has gone into this!

PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I like the new HDR-(WIP)-shots. Yes, a little bit overdone to show the effect, as Luc said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Luc Van Camp View Post
    In the posted screens, HDR is slightly overdone, partly because we wanted to show something that looks NOT "just like rFactor 1". It can even look a lot more dramatic than this actually .
    Some parts look real, while other parts look a little bit unnatural. But via HDR-profiles these settings will be tweakable to our own likings.

14.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #134
    Luc Van Camp's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @ISITrackTeam 

Quote Originally Posted by snoups58 View Post
    Just a quick note. How can we see a plane close to the radius of the sun's glare ?

I think the sun must be more intensive.
    I suppose a bit of Bloom will take care of that. That isn't active in these screens as they only show HDR. In fact, once Bloom is working properly, I think I'll play with more subtle HDR settings, which means they should become less overdone .

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    I hope in October we will have the promotional screens with full anti aliasing...
    WTF is it with you and anti aliasing?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    Amen!!!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    I see Shum's point, all of the pictures shown up till now have not AAs. Can't figure out why. They would be way better with.

BTW I can't see AA even in rF1. No diference from FSAA 0x up to 16x. I have to force AA using GPU driver interface. Maybe rF2 be the same.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Satangoss View Post
    No diference from FSAA 0x up to 16x. I have to force AA using GPU driver interface.
    Same for me.

So far I am not impressed at all. HDR is unrealistic, you won't see it in the real world. So why would you want to see it in a simulation (game)? There is way to much contrast and the dark areas completely lose their details. The graphics in these latest screenshots are just showing off which might be ok for need for speed, but here it's just a waste of development time. Also the texturing still looks very poor.

What's the problem here? Wrong shadow layer in the template?
    Last edited by 10speed; 09-28-11 at 09:59 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 10speed View Post
    So far I am not impressed at all. HDR is unrealistic, you won't see it in the real world. So why would you want to see it in a simulation (game)? There is way to much contrast and the dark areas completely lose their details.
    Read this

In the posted screens, HDR is slightly overdone, partly because we wanted to show something that looks NOT "just like rFactor 1". It can even look a lot more dramatic than this actually .

Quote Originally Posted by 10speed View Post
    Also the texturing still looks very poor.

Do you know what settings are used on these screenshots? WIP means WIP, not final quality

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @rFactor2Updates 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I suppose a bit of Bloom will take care of that. That isn't active in these screens as they only show HDR. In fact, once Bloom is working properly, I think I'll play with more subtle HDR settings, which means they should become less overdone .
    Thanks.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast