NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 393 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 296

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Minimum/Recommended System Specs for rFactor 2

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #181
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uff View Post
    Mainly because at the moment there are no differences. Dx11 in CARS should just offer better performance at the moment, but it doesn't have any new effect compared to Dx9. They will come in future builds.




    We didn't see any big difference because all of those games just add Dx11 OVER the base Dx9 engine, which is not the way to go. In order to see proper differences you should create a full Dx11 from the beginning AFAIK.
    But then you can never compare if they had started over with DX9, either...

  2. #182
    Uff's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    But then you can never compare if they had started over with DX9, either...
    Actual engine is an evolution of what we already had in Shift 2, but the plans are to develop a full Dx11 engine and then downport it to Dx9, rather than the opposite.

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #183
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    Be very interesting to see the difference then with software which was initially DX11. I believe that'll be the first graphics engine to do it that way?

  4. #184
    Uff's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Be very interesting to see the difference then with software which was initially DX11. I believe that'll be the first graphics engine to do it that way?
    As far as I'm aware, yes. It will definitely be interesting to see the final result (at the moment they claim Dx9 and Dx11 to have the same feature, with the latter which should be 20% faster than the first one).
    There's only another game who has a full Dx10/11 engine and it's Battlefield 3: that game doesn't support Dx9 anymore.

  5. #185
    GTros's Avatar
     

    New Member
    Oct 2011
    Hi, I had a question of my new pc for playing rfactor2.

    What processor its better to this game, and i3 2120 or a new FX-4100, with 4 GB ram and a 6870???? Please help me, i dont know whats its better choice.

    Thanks a lot.

  6. #186
    theother5's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mainland Europe
    Honestly, GTros .... this question is really a can of worms ....

    Both will work well for rF2. The recommended specs are already posted which no doubt you have seen.
    People may well answer and the Intel Vs AMD discussion will have good justifications in each case.

    Maybe someone has a FX-4100 and will comments.

    For me, I would lean towards the i3 if the FX-4100 is the only other choice!

    Google "Fx-4100 Vs i3" and see what you get back. Decide based on information from the more established forums. [Tomshardware /s / Overclockers ]. Ignore the likes of Yahoo answers and so on.

    Good luck

    Much depends on your overall system.
    Last edited by theother5; 10-20-11 at 07:48 AM.

  7. #187
    JyrkiV's Avatar
     

    New Member
    Oct 2011
    Yes! With the beta apparently getting close I finally had to register at this forum instead of just lurking around.
    And i really must start upgrading my rF1-old computer. I'm just a bit undecided on GPU. GTX560 (non-Ti) and HD6870 are pretty much the same on average but there can be large differences with one given game. Who's brave enough to bet wheather rF2 prefers nVidia or AMD? (I kind of suspect ISI won't comment )

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #188
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTros View Post
    Hi, I had a question of my new pc for playing rfactor2.

    What processor its better to this game, and i3 2120 or a new FX-4100, with 4 GB ram and a 6870???? Please help me, i dont know whats its better choice.

    Thanks a lot.
    I have an i5 2500. Works well...

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #189
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    Quote Originally Posted by JyrkiV View Post
    Yes! With the beta apparently getting close I finally had to register at this forum instead of just lurking around.
    And i really must start upgrading my rF1-old computer. I'm just a bit undecided on GPU. GTX560 (non-Ti) and HD6870 are pretty much the same on average but there can be large differences with one given game. Who's brave enough to bet wheather rF2 prefers nVidia or AMD? (I kind of suspect ISI won't comment )
    Performance runs pretty much on the published benchmarking tests at places like Toms Hardware. I use ATI but others in the office use nVidia...

  10. #190
    JyrkiV's Avatar
     

    New Member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    I use ATI but others in the office use nVidia...
    Great! Then you can do some benchmarking and put the results on this forum, no?

  11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #191
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    These are different computers... lol

  12. #192
    BanjoMaster's Avatar
     

    Registered
    Nov 2011
    Tim/Gents

    Apologies for using my first post to ask an embarrassing noob question, but the last time I was in any way familiar with PC hardware was back in the day of SportscarGT and the original FIA GT addon for the F1 series!

    Question is this: My wife is nagging me to get a laptop as she’s fed up with a big desktop taking up ‘valuable’ space. I’m looking to use the opportunity to hoodwink her and get something that’ll be powerful enough to run rFactor2 quite nicely, but I’m struggling to compare the min/recommended processor spec in your first post against the majority of the gaming laptop CPUs I’m digging up in my searching! A lot of the CPUs are running speeds of about the 2GHz speed (e.g. i7 2630QM), but occupy several rungs up the hierarchy ladder linked previously from the CPUs you quote in the min spec. My query boils down to: will this class of CPU easily handle rF2, or is the clock speed the real minimum standard?

    Thanks for your indulgence

  13. #193
    Foxtrot's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Nov 2011
    Hi.
    I obviously do not speak for ISI, but from my previous experience with "gaming" laptops you will be left wanting more. Every laptop i've tried handles tasks a LOT slower than a pc even when the laptop has a newer-faster cpu than said pc. Also laptop video cards are more or less junk.
    I bought a gaming laptop for the wife with a considerably faster cpu than my pc, more ram and what should have been a big GPU upgrade. Games that i could run maxxed out with great framerates on my pc, ran like crap at low settings on the laptop.

  14.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #194
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    Quote Originally Posted by BanjoMaster View Post
    Tim/Gents

    Apologies for using my first post to ask an embarrassing noob question, but the last time I was in any way familiar with PC hardware was back in the day of SportscarGT and the original FIA GT addon for the F1 series!

    Question is this: My wife is nagging me to get a laptop as she’s fed up with a big desktop taking up ‘valuable’ space. I’m looking to use the opportunity to hoodwink her and get something that’ll be powerful enough to run rFactor2 quite nicely, but I’m struggling to compare the min/recommended processor spec in your first post against the majority of the gaming laptop CPUs I’m digging up in my searching! A lot of the CPUs are running speeds of about the 2GHz speed (e.g. i7 2630QM), but occupy several rungs up the hierarchy ladder linked previously from the CPUs you quote in the min spec. My query boils down to: will this class of CPU easily handle rF2, or is the clock speed the real minimum standard?

    Thanks for your indulgence
    If you want to get a laptop for gaming, you're going to pay through the roof. I'd actually debate whether it might be cheaper to get her a laptop and build yourself a gaming desktop...

    Gaming laptops have their limits. You can find ones suitable for really high-end gaming, but usually the overheating issues are massive and that shortens the lifespan of the internal components.

    Where are you located? I'll try to give you some links.

  15. #195
    BanjoMaster's Avatar
     

    Registered
    Nov 2011
    Tim/Foxtrot

    Thanks for the info (I'd basically come to the same conclusion after my own research), but I think I may have found a suitable compromise in the form of the little SFF gaming desktops, such as the little Cryopower one, which look to pack a fair punch whilst still being relatively discrete - it'd fit in the stand under my TV no problem, and looks a bit like a HiFi component. Plus you save 3-4 figures over a laptop too. Job done I reckon!

    In Scotland, for your info

    Cheers

  16. #196
    Gambero's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Newer Member
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy
    thanks for this topic about spec, I'm in also with recommended

    now the problem will be the full game price and the annual fee amount
    Alessandro Gamberini
    race admin at IRACEONLINE

  17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #197
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    Quote Originally Posted by BanjoMaster View Post
    Tim/Foxtrot

    Thanks for the info (I'd basically come to the same conclusion after my own research), but I think I may have found a suitable compromise in the form of the little SFF gaming desktops, such as the little Cryopower one, which look to pack a fair punch whilst still being relatively discrete - it'd fit in the stand under my TV no problem, and looks a bit like a HiFi component. Plus you save 3-4 figures over a laptop too. Job done I reckon!

    In Scotland, for your info

    Cheers
    Those look OK. Always make sure you look at reviews, check if any models overheat, etc. Google is your friend when you're buying either a laptop or a desktop in a specialized case.

    Anyway, in the UK I usually had good experiences from dabs.com and novatech.co.uk. Competitive pricing compared to anything else I found at the time. Although I haven't lived in the UK since 2007.

  18. #198
    knightyc's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    ebuyer.com better and cheaper than dabs never had any problems with them

  19. #199
    mikla521's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Newer Member
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    I wonder how well rF2 works with nVidia 3D Vision.
    SimBin games works perfect while some newer Codemaster games doesn't....
    However, rF1 works perfect as well

  20. #200
    Lazza's Avatar

     PC Specification Where I race 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    One of the very recent nVidia driver updates listed rF2 support with the same level as rF1 (excellent or some such).

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •