Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 90 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: SimRacingPL Shader Pack - discussion

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Hi, is it possible for me to use your shaders (sky and water mainly) on my tracks ? (scratch or updates with permissions, working at times with Team Players). Thanks.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Yeah, as long as it's your own work or something done with agreement of authors, then go ahead.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Thanks

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    I should stay quiet about this Mod, the Materialtool2 aplication is absolutely fantastic. My bad.

After few clicks I got 10 times more realistic materials. Congratulations for you developpers all.

I'm only struggled at grass creation, it freezes the software.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Grass editor is unfinished. For now it's enough for me, because I know exactly how to use it.
    With 0.8 release it should be working and documented.

Same goes for track surface editor - I have almost working version that I will include in next release. Hopefully in a few days

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Looking forward for it.

Newer Member
    Nov 2011
    Hi
    Could I have the permissions to use your shaders on my F1 2000 mod (F1 2000 RVR)? Thanks in advance

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Granted

Newer Member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by K Szczech View Post
    Granted
    Thank you very much!

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Hey K Szczech,

I did some stuff with the shaders. E.g. I tried to create some light flares, but I'm struggling a bit with that... Once I have exported the .gmt out of the Material Tool 2, rF tells me that there is a texture ("srpl-empty") missing on material 0 and the model doesn't load. 3dsimed says that there's a "Diffuse Map T3" at the material of the light flare, but no texture is assigned. My problem is, that I can't assign a texture in 3dsimed and save, because then, the flare won't be working any more at all.

Could you please help me out?

Cheers
    Carsten

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Hi.
    Yeah, that's my bad actually.

srpl_empty.dds s located in SkyFiles folder - copy it from there and everything should work.

As for re-opening exported files in other tools it's not gonna work. These shaders go a little beyond what GMT files were meant for, so I'm using things like texture UV coordinates to store parameters like flare radius for example. Standard editors meant for rFactor won't be able to handle files exported from my tool. Whatever you export - it's final.

Of course you can still work on your meshes, by editing original GMT files (these without shaders) and when you load your project in my tool again - you will see all your changes. The only thing you need to do is re-export.

That's why this tool does not modify any GMT file you added to your project - they remain untouched on disk, so you can still work on them. New GMT files with shaders are exported to another folder.

EDIT:
    I quickly prepared this image to show the idea:

On the left is some standard workflow - you work on .GMT files using some editor and then you put that file into rFactor.

On the right is workflow with my material tool - you work on .GMT files the same way, using 3D Studio and then let my tool add shaders on top of that, based on information in the project file.

What's marked in green are files you actually work on using these tools.
    Last edited by K Szczech; 12-09-11 at 12:50 PM.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Hey, thanks very much! Works now!

Would it work to add a cycle in the flare? I'm trying to make these blue blinking lights like the cars have them at 24h Nürburgring.

http://www.bimmertoday.de/wp-content...g-2010-062.jpg
    (This small light on the left top of the front window)
    Winners do not doubt, doubters do not win!

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Currently, you can only use predefined animations I've provided (headlights, etc.).

Maybe I'll add a possibility to use custom animations on flares, maybe not

For now you can use a simple trick - make rotating flare, set constant radius and set blend angles very close to each other. I've used rotating flares for this safety car:

For afety car I've not used blend angles, so flares are alvays visible, but I've used high radius power for "flash" effect.
    If you rather want weak, but flashing light, then flashing should be done with blend angles rather than radius.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Could you please tell me the values at which "Rotation" has to be? At 1.000 nothing happens

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Rotation=1.0 should be good.
    Any non-zero value should make Axle coordinates available for editing - if that doesn't happen then something's wrong.

Use permanent flare for testing. Set max alpha to 1.0, min blend angle to 95 and max blend angle to 96.
    Then set min and max radius to the same value.

And of course make axle of rotation point 90 degrees away from flare's direction If both axles point in exactly the same direction or exactly in opposite directions, then there will be no rotation.

Check out section 5.4 of the manual and if there are any doubts post questions here - this way I know which parts of manual may be unclear.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Hmm... I set up everything right (I think ) But something's wrong, doesn't work

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I've tested your GMT file (the one you exported) and it works.

All I needed to do is to add it to .GEN files.

So 3 things you should look into:

1. See if your .gmt file is added correctly to .gen files - make sure the one you export is the one loaded in rFactor
    2. Go to Project => Options and set light glow material name - name it MyCarFlare or something like that. This way your flare materials will be names MyCarFlare0, MyCarFlare1 and so on. Otherwise there may be some conflicts in materials.
    3. Add alpha channel to your flare texture - my flare materials are based on alpha blending (do it later, when everything else works).

If anything elsse fails - let me know which version of shader pack are you using (although I believe this shader didn't change since first public version).

As for Rotation parameter it's radians/s, so values around 6.0 will give you like 1 flash per second (it's not accurate and rythm may change a little on different tracks and times of day).

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Hi,

The light shows up now! The shader files were in the wrong directory *ashamed*

But I've still 2 problems:

-> The light doesn't rotate (value = 10)
    -In showroom: Light is displayed when looking from the whole left side of the car
    -On Track: Light is displayed when looking from the whole right side

-> Position
    -Showroom: Position is perfect
    -On Track: Light is too high

I tried it with shader version 0.79 and 0.83

Registered
    Oct 2010
    In my case your .gmt was rotating on track.
    In general, rotation works only on track and only when game is not paused. That's simply because rotation is controlled by time of day.

Of course by rotation I don't mean some kind of rotating texture etc. It's the flare direction vector that gets rotated. This will only affect radius or blending of a flare.

As for flare position - there can be two reasons.

First is graphical model offset and that's probably what's happening. If you're using graphical offset then make separate .gmt for track and showroom and manually add that offset value to flare coordinates in editor.
    It will seem misplaced in editor, but will be in place in rFactor.

The other case is when .gmt file is set as debris. I don't know the exact rules of calculating debris mesh offset, so it may be inacurate sometimes. New version of editor allow manual corrections. But I don't think that's what's happening in your case.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Ok, I figured out the right settings now and everything works fine now Thanks a lot!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast