Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SimRacingPL Shader Pack - discussion

Registered
    Oct 2010

SimRacingPL Shader Pack - discussion

If you have any questions or comments on Shader Pack, you can post them here.
    It's also a place to post permission requests for modders.

If you're interested in using these shaders in your mod, request a permission here.
    You should provide information about the mod - especially about who made all the content.

Sep 2011

permission

Hello, first of all i want to say - that finally we get it) Sometimes i was affraid that this never gonna be released... but it's here and thank to all of developers of it...)

and offcourse i want get permission to use this shaders in my track (project touge) and in car models i making for D1GP All Stars mod.

Thank you!

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Since track is your own project, permission is granted.

As for cars you didn't provide necessary information about this mod. If you're making your own car models for it, then you have permission, too. Otherwise you should tell more about it.

Sep 2011

cars

i making cars from scratch in 3dsmax for it, it's not conversion or something. thank you!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @SuperRantam rF2 Rank Laptimes Modding Group: HistorX 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Hi,

I've been reading the manual and it's clear you put a lot of time and effort developing that. So kudos for improving rF!

Kindest regards

Registered
    Oct 2010
    The irony with this is thick. First you release a rip-off of my team's work with no permission that will cause on-line mismatches and is being distributed at various websites. Now you demand permission from people to use this with conditions.

Where were your ethics when you released your rip-off ?

Maybe irony is not the appropriate word. Hypocrisy seems closer and I think it stinks.

The unfortunate thing is there could have been a possiblity of collaboration had this been approached in an honest and legitimate manner but it wasn't.
    Last edited by Vince Klortho; 09-05-11 at 03:25 AM.

olivier prenten

deleted
    Last edited by olivier prenten; 09-05-11 at 03:58 AM.

olivier prenten

Thumbs down

Hi Vince,
    This is unfortunately called "plagia" and I strongly defend your cause! It's a pitty!
    Last edited by olivier prenten; 09-05-11 at 03:59 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I think 'rip-off' and 'plagia' are a bit too strong words. I didn't even touch the loading screen, so everybody knew who's that track was.
    It was nothing but an update, but unfortunately caused trouble that were not my intention. I removed the link as soon as I could. I apologise again for the trouble.

I just thought I'd share that update so people may take a look at it.
    But you're absolutely right - I shouldn't share it and it was naive of me to think that things won't get out of control so quickly.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    @K Szczech
    I've read through the manual. I'm not a modder but am trying to understand it. Great stuff!

Have you seen the video and screen of this new 'Kart Sim' (http://www.virtualr.net/kart-sim-first-previews-video/) ?
    I think the combination of a detailed road-surface (laser-scanned maybe) and shaders is breath-taking!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: Virtua_LM 

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by K Szczech View Post
    I think 'rip-off' and 'plagia' are a bit too strong words.
    I don't think those words are too strong at all. They accurately describe what went on here.

I don't think you understand a couple of things. This sim racing community has been around for a very very long time with a lot of mutual respect for each others work. It has always been an unspoken code that if any modified version of any mod were to be released, permission must first be granted from the original author. Not taking the time to contact said author and releasing it anyway is, in my opinion, gross negligence and uncalled for.

You say that the links have been removed now, but I'm afraid that the damage has already been done as some people have already downloaded it. I would just like to say that if you would like to continue to be a part of this community, I think it would be wise to start contacting mod authors before you release any other modified content. Or, create your own content and release under your own name. That's all I have to say.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @mariomorais rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    hi i'm a track modder (www.mj-multimedia.net)

Can I test your shaders? please send me links for download. thks.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    GTFREAK,
    Again flame war about legality of modding mods. This is not true you are talking about mods, and unspoken code. But again, even if I cannot see any "damage" you are talking about, Krzysztof apologies for this twice. I think it is enough and means he feels guilty. If you want to start some kind of holly war, use PM, emails, or at least create new thread. it is not place for that. thank you

Registered
    Oct 2010
    even if I cannot see any "damage" you are talking about
    People are now using my update online in place of official version, therefore causing mismatches.
    If you're relaseing a mod for free, all you get is satisfaction and that satisfaction is now lesser when people are confused. I'd call that damage.

Anyway, I'll try to reverse the situation as best as I can with guys from Virtua_LM (hopefully they didn't put a cross on me yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Morais View Post
    hi i'm a track modder (www.mj-multimedia.net)

Can I test your shaders? please send me links for download. thks.
    Hi, permission granted of course Download links are in announcements thread: LINK
    Last edited by K Szczech; 09-05-11 at 09:24 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    I think guys from VLM should be happy that you show how your shaders work on they track.

VLM track + your shaders = amazing track.

Guys, you should work together on new tracks

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    That's so predictable: when people starts to be egocentric and creates "copyright material" based on an open plataform, the end is always the same: flame war for their "rights" LOL

If you are creating material using a copyright basis (Gmotor2) and don't pay for it, you're not allowed to complain. The copyright simply don't exist, at least you PAY to ISI and then use their engine to produce copyright material. For instance - the Reiza's GSC or Simbin GTR2.

It's funny see "teams" fighting for "copyrights" about things which don't have copyrights at all.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTFREAK View Post
    I think it would be wise to start contacting mod authors before you release any other modified content. Or, create your own content and release under your own name.
    My opinion exactly !

Registered
    Oct 2010
    @Satangoss
    You're wrong. If you make a mod, it's your intellectual property.

Anyway, let's not make a mess of another thread for this kind of discussion - let's stick to Shader Pack discussion here.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @mariomorais rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Hi i testing water material in my projects, all is fine! exported gmt and put in scene.

But in game the water do'nt move. No wave effect! i miss something??

Thanks.

Aug 2011
    Do you know how to add SRPL shader and motion blur of wheels on my mod(still working on it)?

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast