PDA

View Full Version : Complete Historic Track Pack

Chosa
03-24-12, 10:05 AM
I'm new and I've tried spa and montecarlo with the historic...

I'm very impressed not even by the graphic that however fits perfectly the retro dimension of the simulation, but by the reconstruction of the historic tracks and the feel that potholes on the twisty road make on the cars and on the wheel...it's fantastic....

so I wish that ISI will prepare for historic fans, a new accurate historic track pack that should incorporate (in order):

monza (with and without the oval)
watkins glen
rouen les essarts
zandvoort
mosport
kyalami
Österreichring
Fuji Speedway

...and if it is possible, the old nordschleife without guard rails...

You will make all the historic fans cry:)...

thank you;)

Lucky06
03-24-12, 11:47 AM
+1

Mauro
03-24-12, 01:03 PM
+1 :)

......and i wish more F1 1968 cars :)

krulkrul
03-24-12, 04:20 PM
Imagine this with the quality of Spa:

http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/Europe/Germany/nurburgring27-66comb_map.gif

If it's necessary we pay more for the game, but the Nürburgring Combined Course is the ultimate Historic Track.

Hazi
03-24-12, 05:20 PM
+1
Especially for Österreich Ring - my home GP

rer8
03-24-12, 05:50 PM
There you go. +1

Nestor A Bogo
03-24-12, 07:19 PM
Wow.... Fantastics tracks..... +1

J_Robbo
03-24-12, 07:26 PM
+1

Satangoss
03-24-12, 07:37 PM
Yes, I also want it and I don't care about a 2034 release!

C'mon guys...

Andy_R
03-26-12, 08:08 AM
I'd just like to register my interest for ANY historic tracks, they are where my major interest lies. Spa and Monaco are wonderful so I'm very interested to see what the track team come up with next.

It would be good to have enough historic tracks to be able to run a full 'season' although I don't believe it would be realistic to expect tracks like Nürburgring. Some of the others mentioned above would be great though.

Nestor A Bogo
03-26-12, 10:38 AM
mmmmm... Nurburgring, Mosport, Watkins Glen, Rouen, Kyalami... fantastics tracks....

Silent_alarm
03-28-12, 07:53 PM
+1
I want Laguna Seca! The corkscrew is insane with anything faster than the old mini, so how it would be with 60's formulas?

Nürburgring is my all time favourite. But i have to admit, i wouldn't mind having some other old(or new) road based tracks too. Circuit is fun and all, but modern circuits are so controlled and lack in thrills and crazy spots that measure your guts. And you can just blast around corners on "full" throttle with minimun risk of losing anything. There is no belly tingling drops, crests or anything like that like in the golden days.

But these would be something different, eh? http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ There is also links at the front page to few other great roads near by the Tail of the Dragon. So what would you think about the style of these roads?

Cancrizans
04-03-12, 03:55 AM
Great list, except I would put Nordschleife first and add 70's Charade...I love that track lol.

CdnRacer
04-03-12, 02:19 PM

If it's necessary we pay more for the game, but the Nürburgring Combined Course is the ultimate Historic Track.

Would be epic!! I think ISI has said they won't take on such a task though. I'd settle for something shorter like a classic Oulton Park.

Mauro
04-03-12, 02:21 PM
I'd settle for something shorter like a classic Oulton Park.

me too :)

Nestor A Bogo
04-03-12, 02:52 PM
Oulton is a fantastic track... but I like more Watkins Glen. it's only my opinion... je :rolleyes:

ORA-Quasi
04-03-12, 03:31 PM
Oulton Park would be a great choice for RF2. In RF1 this track was used for everything from historic minis through to V8 Supercars and GT racing, so a very flexible and multi use curcuit for RF2....just a shame about the MODID association format.

Tony
04-13-12, 05:57 AM
60's Kayalami & Zandvoort to go with Oulton Park for me :)

Old Ring will be converted by very talented modders sooner rather than later I would've thought

griever
04-13-12, 08:12 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0fos5G2dP1r1695u.jpg

1959nikos
04-17-12, 08:06 AM
+1000 to all above...

PJ Dunham
04-17-12, 10:24 AM
i would be in heaven with only a 10th of the classic tracks that ended up in GPL, and with the physics cars from 50s 60s and 70s would be like a wet dream and worth 10 times what we are paying

Silent_alarm
04-17-12, 02:42 PM
Well what do you know, i suddently remebered this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklands

Had a 2 and a half week trip at England five years ago. I visited the Brooklands circuit and the museums and it was stunning, the place ain't big but... The scenery was so beautiful with old trees hanging over the banked curve, old racing stables with vintage racing cars and bikes inside, and that sweet smell of oil and gasoline what floated around the stables... The visit wasn't planned before flying to England. Me & my friend found out about that place via internet while in London. But if i ever go to England again, i want to take another visit at the Brooklands.

blakboks
04-17-12, 06:15 PM
Well what do you know, i suddently remebered this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklands

Had a 2 and a half week trip at England five years ago. I visited the Brooklands circuit and the museums and it was stunning, the place ain't big but... The scenery was so beautiful with old trees hanging over the banked curve, old racing stables with vintage racing cars and bikes inside, and that sweet smell of oil and gasoline what floated around the stables... The visit wasn't planned before flying to England. Me & my friend found out about that place via internet while in London. But if i ever go to England again, i want to take another visit at the Brooklands.

I think there's something very haunting/nostalgic about seeing the ruins of now-defunct circuits. After Rouen was released for rF1, I wanted to learn more about it, so, naturally, being on the wrong side of the Atlantic, I browsed online. I just remember that feeling of awe and a bit of sadness that these places are in shambles now. I'm nowhere near old enough to remember races at Rouen, but seeing what has become of it still evoked some sort of nostalgia for its heyday.

Even after having lived my whole life just hours away from Watkins Glen (and relatives only about an hour away), I only just made my first trip there last spring for the Tony Stewart/Lewis Hamilton ride swap. From the first time I tried it in rF1, it became my favorite track. Seeing it in person is pretty amazing, even though I didn't get to ride around it. You really don't get a sense of its elevation changes from the sims. The history behind it is pretty cool and pretty significant for racing within the U.S. I'd love to somehow be involved in a re-working of the track for rF2 in any way that I'm able to.

1959nikos
04-18-12, 10:03 AM
Talking about nostalgia, if u go to monza (google earth) u still see the old banked part (Grand Prix movie). They were thinking of putting it down,luckilly it escaped (yet).
It was difficult for me to understand at first how it worked as u acceced it after every second lap (remember GPL?) but if u see it from above, u get it.
Now thats a track I really would like to see in rf2!

blakboks
04-18-12, 10:10 AM
Talking about nostalgia, if u go to monza (google earth) u still see the old banked part (Grand Prix movie). They were thinking of putting it down,luckilly it escaped (yet).
It was difficult for me to understand at first how it worked as u acceced it after every second lap (remember GPL?) but if u see it from above, u get it.
Now thats a track I really would like to see in rf2!

ISI released that layout for rF1--so, let's hope that's one of their tracks that's on the docket for rF2 as well! It'd be great fun to try with a "proper" drafting car like any of the 1960's cars.

1959nikos
04-18-12, 10:18 AM
I dont think the late 60s cars that we have in rf2 raced there, I believe only the sports cars did and were expecting one from ISI i think-hope.
Rf1 old elevated banking?Really? I must have missed that.

blakboks
04-18-12, 10:52 AM
http://rfactor.net/web/2006/09/05/brianza-released/

They raced on the banking in the movie Grand Prix--which I think is exactly the period that ISI has reproduced (since they heavily "borrowed" from the Monaco part in their preview video).

1959nikos
04-18-12, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the link, I DID miss it!

CdnRacer
04-28-12, 07:42 PM
Goodwood!!