PDA

View Full Version : Config.ini changes and CFX?

Quo-Fan
03-15-12, 11:56 PM
Hi,
any changes in config.ini from the launcher donīt work. I change AA from none to 3, save and doubleklick configure sim again and AA is back to none. If i try to change ingame, the screen is black for about 10 seconds and then i have on the left side two white vertikal lines with one horizontal in the middle between the white ones. And CFX is standing in the upper left screen corner. Picture quality is still very bad, frames around max. 35, very disappointing (I know, itīs still a beta, but a beta that is looking much worse then rf1, curious...)

Benj025
03-28-12, 05:31 AM
Hi,
Just like Quo-Fan, I noticed yesterday that any changes in the config.ini don't work. Trying to do it in three different way (configure sim button in the launcher, config.exe in windows explorer or trying to edit config.ini with the notepad) : AA always come back to none.
I also watched the config.ini file and compare it with the RF1 one and many lines were filled in with a 0. For example, if AA is set to level 3, I have FSAA=34 and for RF2 FSAA=0.
Same things for CPURating, SystemRAM, VideoRAM, ObjDetail, TexDetail ... all are filled in with a 0.
And just as Quo-Fan, the picture quality is bad, FPS are around max 30-35 when I'm alone on track, 15-18 with 20 cars on starting line (even with the lowest graphics options).
Can you help us ?

Thanks. Benj025

HKF0x
03-28-12, 07:11 AM
I have the same problem.
Have you tried change rfactor language to english ?
Look like it's the anti aliasing level translation with ati card that cause the problem.
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4728-rFConfig-exe-doesn-t-save-the-level-of-anti-aliasing-in-the-Config-ini

Benj025
03-28-12, 07:40 AM
Thanks HKFOx,
I did not see your former post and I'll watch this evening.