View Full Version : Manual Starting Grid

03-15-12, 07:27 PM
This is one thing I've really wanted for a while, and that is the ability to manually set the starting grid. This necessity came about when, with rFactor 1, I wanted to try running full race weekends in real-time. Practice on Friday, qualifying on Saturday, and the race on Sunday. Problem was, however, that without being able to set the grid, race weekends had to be run all in one sitting, or at least qualifying and the race in one sitting.

I'd be thrilled if something like this made its way into rFactor 2 at some point.

03-18-12, 05:38 AM
That's already possible in rF 1.
Use batch file with editgrid command for each driver.

03-18-12, 06:05 AM
If you have access to the Dedi Server you can arrange the grid in Warmup by using the + and - on the right side of the players names.

09-09-15, 08:58 PM
It's funny, I'm beating my head against the desk again trying to find a solution to this problem, and in doing so, I end up stumbling across my own thread. From over three years ago.

It's unfortunate to see that it fell on deaf ears.

09-10-15, 08:29 AM
In multiplayer and being an admin (or joining your own local server):

That's already possible in rF 1.
Use batch file with editgrid command for each driver.

EDIT GRID: /editgrid [pos] [name]

Single player: Either that... or start of the session and fast forward the session with time acceleration (not skipping).

I am not sure what you want more than that?

09-10-15, 08:35 AM
Well now that you can resume from replay (don't think that was possible in Mar 2012) you can run qual, go to the race session, and quit out. Then later open your replay of the (aborted) race session and resume. I think?

09-10-15, 08:13 PM
(or joining your own local server)

Is there a way to do this without launching the multiplayer portion of the game? Because I already caved and tried this route (really don't want to, and shouldn't have to, do it this way), and unless it's hidden somewhere, there's no way to join a server - even your own - without going through multiplayer. Which is apparently now a subscription service, and I'm certainly not going to pay a subscription fee to access my own local server that I don't even want to create in the first place.

I am not sure what you want more than that?

The simple ability to set the grid order offline. Add AI to a race, move them up or down in the starting order, and start the race with that lineup. That's all.

09-10-15, 09:37 PM
I haven't tried it offline but using the command /editgrid [pos] [driver name] should work when in warmup. You can't set a grid until you pass qually. Failing that you could edit the qually results in the xml file.