PDA

View Full Version : Interior Lighting / Heli Cam / Crash Debris / Dirt on Tires

Sergey Yashin
03-13-12, 07:00 PM
- I've been racing some endurance rF1 mods and during the night time I felt it was too dark inside the cockpit.
Just a thought, maybe it's possible to include an interior light inside the cockpit as an option?
Not sure how they race in real life but this feature will increase the fun factor and the rFactor ))

- Another thing I would like is a helicopter cam during replays, like the one that was in Indycar 2 or the current iRacing has. A cam from above to see the lines that the cars take.. That would be awesome..

- During a collision with a wall or other cars, some debris or small black particles that fly from the car (the place where it being hit).
I have seen this effect in "Race 07 - Ignition" and it makes the crashes more realistic..

- Like in Ferrari Virtual Academy, if you go on to the grass or dirt the tires get dirty and you loose grip for awhile when you get back on track. So both visual and physical effect..

MaXyM
03-14-12, 05:38 AM
- I've been racing some endurance rF1 mods and during the night time I felt it was too dark inside the cockpit.
Just a thought, maybe it's possible to include an interior light inside the cockpit as an option?
Not sure how they race in real life but this feature will increase the fun factor and the rFactor ))

Don't think so. Do you have some internal light lit while driving? No - it decreases visibility of road. Cockpit inside reflects only light coming from outside of the car. At night there is really low amount of that end inside a car. That's why cocpit at night is darker deep dark while car surroundings should be a bit lighter.

Or maybe do you mean interior light for reading a map or book? ;)

jtbo
03-14-12, 08:16 AM
Don't think so. Do you have some internal light lit while driving? No - it decreases visibility of road. Cockpit inside reflects only light coming from outside of the car. At night there is really low amount of that end inside a car. That's why cocpit at night is darker deep dark while car surroundings should be a bit lighter.

Or maybe do you mean interior light for reading a map or book? ;)

You are right, but also glow from instrument lights is some important aspect that is much of realism, often instrument cluster reflects from side window and such also.

But interior light as map reading light or entry light, no, that is not on when racing or driving at dark and reason is what MaXyM says. I shook my head when I see some drivers on road keeping foglights on at good weather and interior light on, it would be same like driving Megane mod at night :D

bastins
03-17-12, 02:42 PM
I can't help but wonder if they already have plans for putting dirt on the tires. They already have special sounds after you leave the grass, so I can't imagine they'd do that, but not implement the visuals and physics to match.

But if they don't have it planned, I'd really love to see it. It seems, to me at least, like it'd fit right in with all the work they've been doing with tires. In fact, I would imagine dirt would work very similar to the flat-spotting. It appears after a certain situation (tire enters grass), and then it rapidly wears away as you get going again.

This would definitely be a nice touch.