PDA

View Full Version : [noob] stuck behind scenery

Tedman0105
03-08-12, 03:53 PM
Hi everyone,

Short version: is there a reset button?
Long version: I am trying to get into simracing and I'm obviously not good at it (yet). I like to practice the hard way with manual clutch and no driver-aids at all. Preferably on Spa with the 1960s F1 cars in the rain... This ofcourse means I go off course a lot... I also often get stuck behind scenery. Is there a way to get reset back on track? I'd prefer this as a way to practice as opposed to redoing the entire track each time I end up somewhere in the bushes.

I have searched through the controls and the forum, but haven't found anything yet. Any help is appreciated.

P.S.: don't worry, you won't find me online messing up your flow on a track, hehe :D

Doc_
03-08-12, 07:33 PM
Only way is to reset back to the pits.

Speedyice
03-11-12, 10:00 PM
I think you'll have more fun starting with the F2, with some low abs, and low traction control. Build up to the F1 cars w/o aids. I've been doing this for awhile and I prefer the F2 cars, its more fun when you can handle the car at the limit.

Yeah, no reset. It is a sim after all. Although I'm extremely looking forward to improved collision modeling that will prevent jumping the barriers on a gentle off.